Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This imaginary video from "Dutchland" had to have been made with CGI. Whoever made this up, left out all the "reality events" that happen to cyclists. I never once saw a car trying to drive in the bike lane. Not one cyclist got doused with "mystery liquid" from a passing car. And the cyclist themselves....Not once did I see a rider curse out a pedestrian (or better yet, run one down. The worst mistake was that nobody yelled "ON YOUR LEFT" when passing.

Reactions: zeytin

·
Ricardo Cabeza
19,605 Posts
looks cold brrrrrrrr

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks a bit like Berlin and yes, the people of Germany tend to follow directions. What you are seeing is not uncommon. I loved there for 10 years and miss it.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,152 Posts
Looks a bit like Berlin and yes, the people of Germany tend to follow directions. What you are seeing is not uncommon. I loved there for 10 years and miss it.
Uhhhhh?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Obviously something created by Pixar/Disney.

A place where bicycles outnumber cars? An infrastructure that actually promotes cycling? This cannot possibly exist.

The most telling, of the dozens of people seen on this trip, none were morbidly obese. This ranks right up there with those pretend "Moon landing" videos.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
They need to get the camera out of the basket and onto their heads (b/c I doubt the riders wear helmets.) Getting a little seasick with all the bouncing.

We Americans are such suckers, no idea how much *better* our country could be! Here in NYC, the new mayoral candidates are talking about their stance on bike lanes, and each one of them is talking about removal/reduction.

·
Dead Pool Comptroller
3,097 Posts
Those bikes sure are dorky looking. They should do a major cultural exchange with a country that has some panache.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Somehow, they missed the idea that everyone who rides their bike, a little, needs a $4000 bike.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Awwwwww, memories of living in Europe. I lived in Germany for 4 years and this is very similar to what I remember. I felt more at ease riding my bike in downtown Baden Baden with a 5 year old riding between hubby & I, than I do riding by myself in downtown Kingston Ontario.

Thanks for posting that, Mr. Grumpy. Maybe some city politicians need to review this and come up with ways to make our cities much more bike friendly and some drivers to see that bikes and cars can co exist.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
What's that white stuff they have all over the ground there?
Awwwww, shat up. Not nice rubbing it in that some don't see that white stuff and others live with it for 4 months out of the year. :p

·
Non non normal
10,085 Posts
Nobody waved.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Not perfect. Looks slippery. Didn't come to a full, foot down, stop at the stop sign. Didn't give enough distance to ped pushing bike (liked the comment about how it was the peds fault). Couldn't watch the whole thing, probably a number of other faults. Typical snooty cyclist. They're everywhere! :p

·
Banned
442 Posts
This imaginary video from "Dutchland" had to have been made with CGI. Whoever made this up, left out all the "reality events" that happen to cyclists. I never once saw a car trying to drive in the bike lane. Not one cyclist got doused with "mystery liquid" from a passing car. And the cyclist themselves....Not once did I see a rider curse out a pedestrian (or better yet, run one down. The worst mistake was that nobody yelled "ON YOUR LEFT" when passing.
I have seen cars not only drive in the bike lane (though I don't think that most do it on purpose but are cutting the apex of a corner) But a couple of weeks ago I pulled up to a traffic light that wouldn't trigger for bicycles. There was no traffic coming from behind that would trigger it. I waited the required two cycles to make sure it wasn't a late trigger and when there was no traffic coming I started across. Some horses ass came speeding from the opposite direction and saw me in the intersection of HIS left turn light and pulled across a double-double yellow line and into the opposite direction lane when I was already across the intersection and threatened me with vehicular assault. I'm afraid I didn't act well about that and threaten to beat him within an inch of his life. Calming down later I realize it is just all of this civil unrest crap generated by the Democrats that is causing everything from suicides to murders at 4 times the normal rates. I am a registered researcher for the CDC and I can tell you that 1. Masks have absolutely NO effect. This has been known for years but even their latest study was in March 2020 repeating that they are completely ineffective. 2. There hasn't been a case of covid-19 since the end of April 2020. So why are they destroying people lives and telling them that masks have some sort of effect other than making people think that they are in great danger. This is what is driving people crazy and I'm sure that this old fart in his Lexus would NEVER do anything like that without all of this crap going on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts