Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Brand new member. I just bought a bike with a frame that is stickered De Rosa Giro d'Italia and Columbus EL-OS. I love the bike, and I didn't pay a De Rosa price for it ($750 with Campy Mavic groupo). But I've done enough research to know it isn't a Giro d'Italia, and very likely not even a De Rosa. Which I'm actually okay with because it has a great ride, and is a very nicely built steel frame. At this point, I just want to figure out what it was when it was born. Here's what I know:

1. heart cut lugs; hearts are really well defined on top tube and seat tube lug, more like triangles on fork;
2. bottom bracket has three parallel diagonal cutouts, and serial
Z 96 452;
3. Tubes are 25mm top, 28 down and seat;
4. Size is: Seat Tube 54.6 C-C; 56.5 C-T; Top Tube 54.6.
5. bent (chevron'd) brake bridge between seat stays;

Pics attached. Thanks so much for any help! Cheers,
Lloyd

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
col might be more like it.:cryin:

Anybody know the best way to remove crappy stickers from an otherwise decent paint job?
If the stickers aren't clearcoated over, it's simple - just heat with a hair dryer or heat gun (easy does it), and peel them off. Remove residual adhesive with any of the following: alcohol, mineral spirits, WD40, lighter fluid, or any commercial product like "Goo Gone". I've never had any problem with any of these things, but probably smartest to test it in a hidden place to make sure the paint will stand up to it. There's no reason why those products would damage paint though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.