Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting from England my new friends. You seem very erudite on the subjects here.
I have just found a 10 speed Falcon on eBay, arriving soon. It's the exact one I had new back in those old days.
Does anyone know what model it is though and anything about it? I'm going to try to get it mint as new, including decals etc... May take a while and I'm not sure of decals and paint matching just yet, or anything else for that matter.
Not wonderful pictures from the listing, will do better ones when the bike arrives!
Kindest regards
Tony

·
Boobies!
8,172 Posts
Hard to say what model, since we've not seen catalogs for the late '70s bikes.

From the bad pictures I can see what look to be Diacompe center pull brakes, and a non-Campy alloy crank.

The one early model name I'm sure that continued into the late 70s was the Black Diamond, and it had a similar spec, from what I can see.

Post some pics when you receive your bike--components, tubing decals, seat stay attachments, etc.

Cheers,
Dean

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As you can see, we have some Falcon afficionados hereabouts.

Looks to be a nice example of a late '70's model. And replacement decals are finally available. Should make a nice project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Proper pictures and specification

Thanks for the welcome and comments. I need to restore this to perfection. Would you kindly advise on what you believe is authentic and what you would replace to that goal? Everything is very poor, what would you replace with if what you say is original is unavailable to keep integrity as much as possible?
1) Where do you think I could get decals. I've tried a few places so far. Perhaps you would get them made specially if exact black ones not available? If so where?
2) Front wheel looks original a Rigida 27 x 11/4, made in France, Chromage Superchromix? Hub just says made in France 43 78.
3) SR handlebar stem in poor condition.
4) LH dual lever brakes, not really long enough on the across levers.
5) SR Sakae front cogs.
6) SR cranks.
7) Shimano Thunderbird 2 front chain pull mechanism.
8) Eagle 2 rear derailleur.
9) Unnamed front centrepull brake
10) unnamed rear side pull brake, but longer reach. Wheel does not look right but has a 27 by 1/1/4 tyre and wheel says 630mm.
11) Pedals KKT RT SF marked.
12) Seat veloplush.
Need originals as far as possible!
Thanks! Here are some pictures!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry can't post the pictures as I can seem to be able to resize them from 1504x1000. Insists on 1100x1100 even though file size is small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.