Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of the year. Hope everyone is getting some miles in and enjoying the colors. The first pic was shot on my iPhone during a ride. The others while hiking.

Nature Vegetation Road Natural landscape Infrastructure

Nature Vegetation Natural environment Plant Natural landscape

Vegetation Nature Natural environment Natural landscape Deciduous

Nature Vegetation Natural environment Green Natural landscape

·
Registered
525 Posts
Very nice. Our fall colors in this section of the deep south are never that pretty. Lotsa pine trees and some hard woods in the bottoms.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
"autumn is a second spring, where every leaf is a flower."
-camus

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"autumn is a second spring, where every leaf is a flower."
-camus

I dig the colors in that pic...and the strategically placed schrader valves at 12:00 on each wheel.

·
Proud luddite
7,232 Posts
In southern AZ our customary brown has been turned into a greenish brown after the summer rains. In a month we'll be back to brown, as it should be. :)

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
Great photos. Fall colours seem to be behind in my area. I would have thought the trees would have changed sooner with the drought we have had this year and the number of trees that either died or dropped their leaves early but no such luck.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Here in southern New England, the fall colors are often spectacular, especially to someone raised in the desert West and the piney Sierras (the autumns here are the ones I read about in books). This year they promise to be on the dull side, because it's been extraordinarily dry. But still nice, and the cooler weather is welcome after the hottest summer ever.

I'll try to post some pics if I get anything nice. It's still very early here -- peak color is usually mid-October.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Not even close here in DC. It's pretty, but I dread what follows. I moved here from Minnesota 24 years ago and never escaped. I got enough winter up there to last me a lifetime. Relatively speaking, winters here have really sucked the last three years. Once it gets much below 25-30 degrees, and I find it really hard to crawl on the bike in the morning.

I usually rake leaves the middle to the end of November.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Those photos are insanely beautiful. We just have a bunch of brown leaves on the lawn, and John asked, "Is it fall already?" Hardly any in-between anymore.

It's either bitter cold, with a day of snow 3' high followed by 70 degree days.......or 150% humidity followed by 3' of dead leaves, then bitter cold.......maybe some freak tornado-like things thrown in because why the hell not......

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one more

Nature Branch Vegetation Natural environment Natural landscape

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spent the last four days camping around Moab (Dead Horse Point State Park) and up in the high Uintas of Utah. My goodness are the colors vibrant now. A few different hues...

Nature Sky Natural landscape Landscape Plant community

Nature Atmosphere Landscape Horizon Terrain

Body of water Water resources Landscape Natural landscape Geology

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love photos that have clouds and fog...........adds a touch of moodiness! :thumbsup:
Got a few lucky shots while I was up in Jackson WY last weekend. Weather was crummy, but provided a nice contrasting background.

Nature Natural environment Natural landscape Tree Leaf

Same tree, but different lighting.
Sky Natural landscape Cloud Plant community Grassland

1 - 20 of 26 Posts