Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While many on this board have been posting some wonderful fall colors and even snow, fall is just starting to show here in the south. Last weekend was the Tour Da Delta (we say Da here) in Helena, AR. There were 30, 60, and 100-mile distance options. I chose to 60. The first 30 miles is across the MS River and a loop around Moon Lake. Moon Lake is an old river ox bow lake lined with cypress trees and lake homes. Once across the bridge, the ride is pancake flat. What it lacks in challenge, it makes up for in beauty.

1. The American Queen waiting on the riverbank to see us off.
2. Our gang ready to go.
3. Crossing the bridge.
4. Several shots around the lake and some cotton ready to pick.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After looping back through Helena, the ride starts uphill. The next 30 miles are up on Crowley’s Ridge. The ridge is where the first fall colors began to show. We rode up to a state park lake where the sag stop was and then back into Helena. The post ride BBQ and live blues band was worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Used to live in NLR and drive via Helena to my grandmothers house in "suburban" Dublin, MS. Your pictures bring back good memories. I love that countryside. Nothing like visiting your grandparents in the Delta.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Funny thing- I sure get a lot of surprises from different places on bicycling forums. It often makes me feel plenty ignorant. Those beautiful yellow and orange leaves are the last thing I would have expected to see on an Arkansas trip. Nice job with the pics.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I really like this one:

Good shots overall too. Cotton and cypress. . .perfect southern thread :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts