Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it with my new Campy Neutrons!!
Changing a flat at home is one thing but on the road,......NEVER with these wheels. I got the tires on but I don't think there coming off!
I have a friend who is willing to trade me even for his 3 year old Rolf Sestriere's.
Is this a fare trade?

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
My gut says "no", but I'm no fan of paired spoke wheels. eBay the Neutrons and get something else fer yerself.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm sure he is willing to trade you even- he'll be making off like a bandit...

Have you tried a different brand of tire? Michelin for one are notoriously tough to mount. Vittoria and Vredestien are much easier. Otherwise, if you hate them that much take above suggestion and sell them (and get some nice handbuilts- IMO you'd be hard pressed to find nicer boutique wheels than those Neutrons).

-Keith

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
No, no, no!

Try diffrn't tyres, tyre levers, etc.

I don't know how old your neutrons are, but even used ones in good condition are worth $400.

Sestrieres, maybe 200 or 250.

There's always that "friend" who proposes "trades" that are highly beneficial to themselves...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Neutrons are only one summer old.
They were expencive and I was told very good. They may be good wheels however an emergency tire change is all I need to give them away!
I have tried a lot of different tires and found NONE that i can change bare handed.
I have been riding for a long time and I have NEVER used tire levers untill now. I have had more pinch flats from the tire levers than I have in all my riding!!!!!

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Wild Bill said:
They were expencive and I was told very good. They may be good wheels however an emergency tire change is all I need to give them away!
I have tried a lot of different tires and found NONE that i can change bare handed.
I have been riding for a long time and I have NEVER used tire levers untill now. I have had more pinch flats from the tire levers than I have in all my riding!!!!!
Did you try throwing the tires in the dryer for a bit before mounting? They should be muy easier to mount and dismount once you've, uhm, mounted them once.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Wild Bill said:
I can take my tires off/put them on my neutrons and eurus wheels with out tire levers of any kind, I dono what to tell ya, putting them on the first time is harder, but it's allot easier after that. Good wheels, don't trade them for rolf's for sure, that would be a serious downgrade.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
seriously? I mean, I may not have the burliest of hands, but ... wow, Euruses are hard to mount tyres on. I can't do it by hand, I have a tough time with "standard" tyre levers.

Bonus points fer burly-handedness...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wild Bill said:
I've had it with my new Campy Neutrons!!
Changing a flat at home is one thing but on the road,......NEVER with these wheels. I got the tires on but I don't think there coming off!
I have a friend who is willing to trade me even for his 3 year old Rolf Sestriere's.
Is this a fare trade?
it is absolutely not a fair trade.

the tires should stretch with time, making them slightly less hard to dismount. I've changed a flat on the road before with Nukes ... I sold them off, though.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Argentius said:
seriously? I mean, I may not have the burliest of hands, but ... wow, Euruses are hard to mount tyres on. I can't do it by hand, I have a tough time with "standard" tyre levers.

Bonus points fer burly-handedness...
Actually I have pretty stick figureish hands, certianlly not what many would call burly, it's just determination, maybe alittle skill? Probably just determination.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wanted to get rid of my Eurus after the first time I put tires on. Now I know the routine. At home I use those wide yellow Pedros levers. On the road I use the smaller Park levers since the tire has stretched. No problem. Great Wheels!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts