Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know the answer to this, but I promised my wife I would leave it to you all..

We were in a LBS this weekend with an extensive collection of Morino (sp?) wool jerseys. Some had sort of a reto flavor to them...My wife felt they would be cool to wear one casually with jeans or whatever...

I thought different...

Would anyone here wear a classic/reto wool jersy as a "sweatshirt" or casual wear?

Thanks, jb

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
The first question you have to ask yourself is "Do I really care?" You're a guy. Come on! Butch up a little! Put it on. Do you like it? Wear it. If not, don't wear it. That's the joy of being a guy.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Sure...

...as long as you make sure to tuck it in your riding shorts and wear some knee high black woolsocks.With a nice pair of black penny loafers I'm sure you'll stand out in any restaraunt you go to.

·
Registered
804 Posts
OwenMeany said:
I think I know the answer to this, but I promised my wife I would leave it to you all..

We were in a LBS this weekend with an extensive collection of Morino (sp?) wool jerseys. Some had sort of a reto flavor to them...My wife felt they would be cool to wear one casually with jeans or whatever...

I thought different...

Would anyone here wear a classic/reto wool jersy as a "sweatshirt" or casual wear?

Thanks, jb

How about a wool trainer without rear pockets when wearing jeans? Wool Trainers

No one would really get it but who cares...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Vintage Trainers

I've been waiting for the FAEMA wool trainers to come in from Italy since around November of last year...every few weeks, they put the date of arrival off a few more weeks...grrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Non non normal
10,154 Posts
Only cool if you are at the LBS or a bike swap meet

Otherwise if you are at a restaurant or a movie theater, you might as well be wearing a cardigan sweater with a pocket protector in your dress white shirt with no t shirt underneath, which matches your white cotton socks and black dress shoes which are exposed by your polyester pants that are two inches too short.

Not that there is anything wrong with that......

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Sure, why not. May catch you on the next episode of "Qu**r eye for the straight guy" :)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
OwenMeany said:

I thought different...

Thanks, jb
unless they have the pockets in the back i'd say go for it. I have a castelli wool zipfront trainer that i wear with jeans and i think i'm cool, but what do I know?

·
Registered
57 Posts
raver chic/chick

asterisk said:
You could totally be this guy! (image borrowed from the castelli website)
I say rock it if you want! Velo-chic is in... or something.
I know a girl that wears the funky coloured pro jerseys to raves as it's wicking and cool for dancing the night away while being colourful and fun.

My girlfriend looks hot in her retro wool jerseys she buys at the flea market and wears casually. She also rides in them so they are doubly cool.

I've got a good friend who wears his PDM jacket casually to the bar, also cool.

BUT! if you start wearing the shorts out casually then we've got to have a little talk.

·
hi, I'm Larry
2,254 Posts
This is one that only "Style Man" can handle

You need to send it to Bicycling Magazine and get his advice.

Me, I can't give you style advice, I'm as Fred as they come and proud of it.

Be thankful that your wife is supportive of your cycling hobby. I would probably wear it to make her happy since, being Fred, it would make no difference to me how I look.

The last thing my wife would do is suggest such a thing. She thinks I spend too much time on the hobby the way it is, the last thing she would do is encourage me to wear my cycling gear when we go out.

PS: I would leave the Lycra tights or shorts at home,and leave the cycling shoes there too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all. My wife read the responses.....I suspect I will be getting a woolie for my birthday....I think...not sure how to read some of the responses...neither did she....she wouldn't tell me.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.