July 2004, I got wicked awful food poisoning. I puked and pooped for 5 hrs nonstop, sometimes at the same time. Kinda tricky barfing and pooping simultaneously. Paramedics came to my house, took my temperature cuz I was shivering, asked me some questions to determine my level of consciousness, and then drove me to the hospital.
By this time, I had been hooked on an IV since the ambulance ride. I spent the night at the ER, with a monitor to check on my status and an IV to keep my body hydrated. Docs wrote "Tilt" on my report because I was severely dehydrated. I was too passed out to know...All I could feel was my burning throat and my sore stomach from all the retching.
Went home the next morning, slept all day, ate nothing, drank something. Woke up the next day, weighed myself, and I was at 165 lbs. A couple of days before the food poisoning, I weighed 177 lbs. I was shocked to have lost almost 12 lbs in 2 days.
In closing, puke until youre dehydrated. You'll have a fantastic ab workout from your convulsions and youll lose near-fatal amounts of weight.
^ just being cynical. don't do it. food poisoning blows...chunks, that is.
Hey don't go spreading my secret to the stars new fad diet that I am working on. You are guaranteed to lose 10 pounds in 2 days maybe more. I learned the hard way and raced the day it really hit. I was pulled from the crit after only 2 laps man I felt horrible then and it only got worse.
All I need is Chicken Fajitas from any Chili's restaurant and I can accomplish the 10lbs in 2 days easily. The never seem to cook the chicken all the way, and when that chickens starts tasting too juicy, I know I am in for some rapid weight loss....
I hope you're feeling better TT. I had a wicked case of food poisoning once. I literally did not leave the bathroom for 24 hours straight and lost more than 10 pounds. I couldn't eat a thing for days.
The odd thing is that it was from frozen broccoli that were contaminated or rotten in some way. I had cooked them in the microwave and they looked sort of grey when they were done. I ate one or two bites and quickly realized they were bad. I'm glad my daughter didn't get a chance to taste it because she was young enough that it could actually have threatened her life.
Believe it or not, I feel as though someone put food poisoning in my case-worth of micro-brew. Tasted so good going down, but the next day it hit. Dehydration, vomiting, nausea, the works. Felt better the next night though. I think it was just a bad batch...or maybe...
A forum community dedicated to Road Bike owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about bike parts, components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!