Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Saw this in another feed today, it is pretty funny. Poor guys get a good dose every time they try to grab the bike. LOL

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Surprised the fence doesn't have a sign or flags or something to warn people.

But maybe the owner got sick of these kids on his lawn?? :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not sure? Electric fences are low voltage, I highly doubt the current would travel through the gloves they are wearing, the stick they are touching the bike with?

Just grab the bike by the handlebar grips and tires? too simple.

And I am surprised they ride fat bikes in Australia?

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Not sure? Electric fences are low voltage, I highly doubt the current would travel through the gloves they are wearing, the stick they are touching the bike with?

Just grab the bike by the handlebar grips and tires? too simple.

And I am surprised they ride fat bikes in Australia?
Wrong on both counts.

Electric fencing uses pulses of high voltage (I'm reading 2-3,000V). Designed so that thick, and furry hided animals get a jolt.

This modern stoogefest was clearly from the accents, mud, vegetation, and sheep, in England.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wrong on both counts.

Electric fencing uses pulses of high voltage (I'm reading 2-3,000V). Designed so that thick, and furry hided animals get a jolt.

This modern stoogefest was clearly from the accents and vegetation, in southern England.
Sorry, meant low current. The fact remains the current will not pulsate through a branch as it appears these goofs are getting zapped from. Unless there is different electricity in New Zealand?

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Like HELLO ?, 5" rubber tire ?, no place to grab ?

And how did the bike end up there in the first place ?, where they lifting the bike up and over ?. Dumb schmucks.
I wondered that too, all that rubber!

And I believe the guy was lifting over, felt a shock, and dropped it right then and there. WHY he chose to cross the part w/o the wooden part is strange.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Like HELLO ?, 5" rubber tire ?, no place to grab ?

And how did the bike end up there in the first place ?, where they lifting the bike up and over ?. Dumb schmucks.

Staged video IMO.

Looks like they are attempting to create a virus video in their hometown of South Africa.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
This is clearly England.

This is the "explanation" which I'd agree is a little suspect
Published on Jan 7, 2017
Whilst pedalling today my mate Paul went to put his bike over a fence. Half way though he realised that it was electric! So he dropped it on the fence. This is a video of him and my mate Al trying to get it off! Please excuse the swearing and oh yes by the way the clicking sound is the electric pulsing!!
The usual witty comments I see
Reminds me of trying to undress my girlfriend........ Slow, Painful and ends in shock.
Also I see in the poster's page a message from someone at the BBC. So maybe they'll get their 2 minutes of fame.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
Yes, tires are all rubber, but those tires are wet giving the current a path to travel.

I bet the guy wishes he had carbon fiber bars and frame at that point. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts