Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's interesting to experience first hand, that's for sure, 2 months in. On one hand I keep looking for the pause / res(e)t button (haven't found it yet), on the other I can't keep myself from playing with her feet, and I didn't even know I have a foot fetish!

Finger Comfort Skin Toe Joint

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post here! Don't look too hard for the reset/pause button. It will seem like a week has gone by and you'll be sending them off to college. Enjoy every moment.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
My first post here! Don't look too hard for the reset/pause button. It will seem like a week has gone by and you'll be sending them off to college. Enjoy every moment.
This and much more...congratulations.

Daddies and daughters is a very special relationship.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
This and much more...congratulations.

Daddies and daughters is a very special relationship.
This!!!! My daughter is home for the weekend from college. Impossible to explain the relationship, like ToG says, just very special. Enjoy the ride! It'll get bumpy for sure but it'll be the best ride ever!

congratulations!!! ! OMG such a cute pic! Most wonderful journey ever, and the hardest sometimes. Sending you all the good vibes and positive energy I can muster! Being a new parent is incredible! Scary sometimes, overwhelming sometimes and pure perfection sometimes.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yep, enjoy and enjoy again.....blessed with 3 girls....one going to college next year and one driving school.....just because I might looked stressed out, doesn't mean that I am......Take lots of pictures!!!!!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Three daughters and a son, youngest is 26, oldest is 35, all happy, healthy and very nearly as demented as their old man!

Makes a man proud

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
One caution in this endeavor... if you keep feeding her, she will eventually turn into a TEENAGER :eek:
and THAT is when feeding them REALLY starts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
One caution in this endeavor... if you keep feeding her, she will eventually turn into a TEENAGER :eek:
Hahaha! Yep. Had my daughter left for college when she was 15 I'd have been nothing short of relieved... but then she turned into an adult, a smart, funny and independent person who I like. Then she moves out! Damn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
We have 5 daughters, 0 sons. If you do it right, they make you into the very best version of yourself. You have to completely forget that selfish bastard you have been, and become selfless and patient.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club. My only kid turned 7 yesterday and it's somewhat mind-blowing.

The most relevant quote for your next 5-18 years: "The years go by fast and the days go by slow."

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The most relevant quote for your next 5-18 years: "The years go by fast and the days go by slow."
There's some real truth to that saying. My boys are 11 and 13. One still a child, the other one has really grown up over the last year. It doesn't seem that long ago that I had to carry a diaper bag every time I left the house with one of them. Another relevant saying -- it doesn't get easier, but it does get different.

And save your effort -- there is no pause/reset button.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Hmm.. Enjoy.. you hate the terrible twos, torturous threes, fournado fours.... There is where I am at.. My 4 year old.. who I love with all my heart... I want to return to sender after this weekend...

Have fun :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you're lucky they will end up liking the same stuff as you.

Fortunately for me both my kids kids (10 and 7) have started to take a liking to Star Trek. The other night we were having an awesome (to me) in-depth discussion of the Star Trek movies and series plot lines, timelines, and how they interconnect. The kids were fascinated but it drove my wife from the room because she thinks sci-fi is dumb.

Babies' feet are great. But for me it was my son's ears. They are still deliciously soft.

Nonetheless, my wife and I still occasionally ask each other whose idea it was to have kids.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
If you're lucky they will end up liking the same stuff as you.

Fortunately for me both my kids kids (10 and 7) have started to take a liking to Star Trek. The other night we were having an awesome (to me) in-depth discussion of the Star Trek movies and series plot lines, timelines, and how they interconnect. The kids were fascinated but it drove my wife from the room because she thinks sci-fi is dumb.

Babies' feet are great. But for me it was my son's ears. They are still deliciously soft.

Nonetheless, my wife and I still ask each other whose idea it was to have kids.
I dunno man.. sounds like a win win to me :)

·
Crusty AF
1,215 Posts
Mine will be 3 in the new year, and I can't believe how ridiculously fun it is. Now that she's talking and has her own ideas and can express herself, she made me double over in laughter several times this weekend alone. Her baby ringlets are growing out though, which makes me a little sad...

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
The best advice I ever received was from an elderly woman at my church. She wrote in a letter that everyone will try to convince you how bad it is when your children is age ____. She said that she enjoyed every phase of her children's life and never let someone tell you a certain age is not rewarding. Every day is precious and valuable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts