Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· $4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife asked me what I want for Father's Day last night. I've got no clue. She said that she and the kids were going shopping on Sunday so I had better come up with an idea or two. If I don't have a specific idea, I will get new shirts, or shorts, or a tie or something else I don't want. I'm having a hard time thinking becuase I am at the point in my life that if I want it, I buy it.

Any cycling trinkets, things that wear out, new stuff that I need?? I am willing to take suggestions on non-cycling stuff. Come on guys, others have to be in this position...

On my list so far:
1. Tiger Woods PGA 2008 for Wii - I'm hooked on Wii golf. I haven't played the real game more than 10 times in the last 15 years, but love Wii golf.

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kind of already have that. Per my own personal tradition, often with other fathers, I leave at dawn that Sunday for a ride as long as I want. Then I will be going to Montana in September for some hiking/ride at Glacier National Park (see my link). But a great idea.....

Hmmm...but I like your thinking. It gives me a new avenue of thought.

· duh...
9,749 Posts
PaulCL said:
I kind of already have that. Per my own personal tradition, often with other fathers, I leave at dawn that Sunday for a ride as long as I want. Then I will be going to Montana in September for some hiking/ride at Glacier National Park (see my link). But a great idea.....

Hmmm...but I like your thinking. It gives me a new avenue of thought.

do you need a new/smaller camera? jacket? hiking shoes? GPS? REI (or whatever) gift card?

· scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Get what every good cyclist needs... a power tap.

· Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Garmin 705 (is that the right model #?)

All I asked for was to go for a bike ride all day. I'll accept hand made cards from the kids. That's really all I want anyway. I'm the same as you... If there's something I really want, I get it myself, and I don't trust others to get me ski or bike stuff, because I'm pretty particular.

I have other suggestions, but we're not in the lownje..................

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hookers and blow. Good idea. I keep asking my wife if I can have a mistress, but she says "no" everytime. Maybe I need to quit asking.....

The "blow" would be caught on a drug screen....maybe instead a good bottle of wine to go with the hooker??? On second thought, why waste the wine on her??? I'll go with a bottle of MD 20/20 for her.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
PaulCL said:
Hookers and blow. Good idea. I keep asking my wife if I can have a mistress, but she says "no" everytime. Maybe I need to quit asking.....

The "blow" would be caught on a drug screen....maybe instead a good bottle of wine to go with the hooker??? On second thought, why waste the wine on her??? I'll go with a bottle of MD 20/20 for her.
Paul...you doing RTR or BTC this year?

· Registered
1,793 Posts
PaulCL said:

We have a ride called "The Hooker Ride". We call it that because there is a part of KC that we go through that hookers routinely hang out. It become routine now and we Hoot and Hawler at each other now. While they do recognize us, I can't say I know them well enough to get you a . . . . Hook-Up.

1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Btc/rtr

Bocephus Jones II said:
Paul...you doing RTR or BTC this year?
No, not this year. Maybe next.

· Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones for the Wii. LOTS of fun for everyone.

· Registered
5,196 Posts
MD20/20, plueeeeezzzz!!

PaulCL said:

Get some Night Train Express, a fine peary wine at a $1.85 a bottle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.