Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...please keep your fingers crossed for me.

as some of you know, I'm a contractor for a big telecom firm (cough-blue-cough), but as a contractor, it's not exactly the most stable position, and i have no idea if i'd get brought on full time...or want to- this company is sort of a scary one to work for apparently- i've had 3 bosses in a year and the head of national compliance? she's had 4 bosses in the year i've been here. :eek:

well, another telecom (let's call them pink) called this morning w/ a interview this week for the head market compliance position.

hot damn!

to top it off, i might be getting a S-works track bike from the LBS as i'm the only one that'll fit on the size 60 frame. :D

next stop with this apparent luck streak? lottery tickets, and then, vegasss, baby. :thumbsup:

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Good luck!

Can you get me free cable? Thanks!

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
2cflyr said:
from blue? nope. hell, as a contractor, i can't even get an employee discount on an iphone.

that movie was awful.

Cable Guy is a classic!

joe

·
Tactle-neck
865 Posts
Good Luck on the telecom front, man...

Also, I ride a 60 cm Cannondale, if you run out of room for the track bike... just let me know. :D

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FeedTheJoe said:
Good Luck on the telecom front, man...

Also, I ride a 60 cm Cannondale, if you run out of room for the track bike... just let me know. :D

i just discovered yesterday that we require another road bike in the house. winnar!!

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
Can you give my brother a job. He used to work for Telecom (blue) but hasn't for about 10 months...

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chain said:
Can you give my brother a job. He used to work for Telecom (blue) but hasn't for about 10 months...
tell him that the best way in is through a contractor-based firm. Kforce and TekSystems seem to be the best right now.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hollywood said:
Just look what its done for me :rolleyes:

good luck.

// you ride a 60cm?? dang.

\\ Cable Guy rules. I take back my well wishes now. :prrr:
the 60 seems small- the fit is similar to my 58 litespeed.

//the image of the pink bibs will likely haunt my interview. great. thanks.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
good luck.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CdaleNut said:
:incazzato: :mad2: :mad5: i was gonna send you my well wishes until u dissed the cable guy movie

okay, fine- for you, HWierd and Joeh (and anyone else i offended), i'll go give it a 2nd viewing- i will admit that i saw it once years ago.

it might be a load funnier now as i actually did work as a dish/direct tv installer for about 6 months.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Congrats on everything taking a good turn. Are you joining us on Thursday for the road trip?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts