Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,287 Posts
Love it. Pretty exotic. The only other Favorit I ever saw saw was hanging in the Burbank Bicycle John's. It wasn't as high-end as yours. It didn't have a price tag. Nobody in the store would give me the time of day, so I never found out how much they wanted for it. And of course, as an actual riding machine I have no idea how it compares to the Gitanes, Atalas, Colnagos, Schwinns, Raleighs, etc., of the day.

Give us a ride report!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Zagi said:
Ride impressions ? It's nice and comfort , but compared to recent bikes shifting is tricky ,
but it's fun to ride it .Today is this bike for show only .
No way, that bike is awesome! Ride it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
It's beautiful. Do you know when it was made?

But if it was my build, I would have been sorely tempted to go with Cinelli orange cork bar tape, orange cable housings, and orange toe straps.

I saw another Czech make (from the Iron Curtain era), don't remember the name, & it wasn't nearly as nice as yours. Sky blue paint. All of the parts were from manufacturers I'd never heard of. It looked like 1965 technology, but was supposedly made in 1978 or 1979. It was interesting to look at, but that was about it. Perhaps it was the "Less Favorit" brand.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
question on painting

Can you tell me how you painted it? Small spray can or air powered sprayer? If from a can what type? I'm interested in painting a bike frame but the last time I did it, (about 20+ years ago) it looked like I just took a can of Rustoleum and tried really hard to do as nice a paint job as I could, which I did, and which it looked like I did, which is not what I wanted, either then or now. I also didn't know about clear coating. I think that might have salvaged the paint job but not sure.
BTW looks really nice, great in fact. how's the ride?
Zagi said:
no , only this one during restauration
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=197358&stc=1&d=1271516454
accordig to mark on the top tube it's from 73. but it has second mark on the bottom
and it says 71 , dunno explicitly , but is old .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First layer of paint is from can spray ( dupli color , best one ) .
Clear coat is applayed with airbrush ( nice tehnique for narrow tubing ) .
Result is pictured . I was thinking that give that job to proffi paint shop , but wanted to do by myself .
What is pictured above is second attempt to do paint job , because I was not satisfied at first time .

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Dupli color

Thanks!
I have used that paint for lugs. It's pretty good. I have a small air powered spray gun and a compressor. I think I am going to get it ready to go and give a frame a try.
Zagi said:
First layer of paint is from can spray ( dupli color , best one ) .
Clear coat is applayed with airbrush ( nice tehnique for narrow tubing ) .
Result is pictured . I was thinking that give that job to proffi paint shop , but wanted to do by myself .
What is pictured above is second attempt to do paint job , because I was not satisfied at first time .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts