Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
question on painting

Can you tell me how you painted it? Small spray can or air powered sprayer? If from a can what type? I'm interested in painting a bike frame but the last time I did it, (about 20+ years ago) it looked like I just took a can of Rustoleum and tried really hard to do as nice a paint job as I could, which I did, and which it looked like I did, which is not what I wanted, either then or now. I also didn't know about clear coating. I think that might have salvaged the paint job but not sure.
BTW looks really nice, great in fact. how's the ride?
Zagi said:
no , only this one during restauration
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=197358&stc=1&d=1271516454
accordig to mark on the top tube it's from 73. but it has second mark on the bottom
and it says 71 , dunno explicitly , but is old .

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Dupli color

Thanks!
I have used that paint for lugs. It's pretty good. I have a small air powered spray gun and a compressor. I think I am going to get it ready to go and give a frame a try.
Zagi said:
First layer of paint is from can spray ( dupli color , best one ) .
Clear coat is applayed with airbrush ( nice tehnique for narrow tubing ) .
Result is pictured . I was thinking that give that job to proffi paint shop , but wanted to do by myself .
What is pictured above is second attempt to do paint job , because I was not satisfied at first time .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts