Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all-the-time specials, not just happy hour

1. Trailer Park. 1 shot house whiskey, 2-3 oz RC cola chaser $1.50
2. PBR (bottle)$1.50 (and I'm a beer snob). Always fresh.

Ruby Tuesday (not the Ruby Tuesday chain but rather the orignal Ruby Tuesday)near ohio state campus on summit.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:

Ruby Tuesday (not the Ruby Tuesday chain but rather the orignal Ruby Tuesday)near ohio state campus on summit.
that's nothing. when I went to college they used to have $3 all the meister brau you could drink nights. One night the heat went off (winter in Iowa) and it was like 45 degrees in there, but we paid our $3 already so we put on gloves and kept drinking. ;)

They also had this special that attracted the frat boys--on your birthday you could get 10 pitchers of beer for $10.

For a student on a budget it was great--If I had $10 in my pocket I could get loaded drunk--tips included. They also had free popcorn. If you put some tabasco sauce on popcorn it kinda tastes like Buffalo chicken wings.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well my local Pizza Joint

has PBR on tap. most my bars just have cheap drinks, no specials needed, anyhow I drink Bourbon so fancy drinks ain't my thang.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
atpjunkie said:
has PBR on tap. most my bars just have cheap drinks, no specials needed, anyhow I drink Bourbon so fancy drinks ain't my thang.
'Cept you drink fancy bourbon. Don't think I didn't see how quick you pulled you glass away when J's was about to sully your bourbon with Jack Daniel's, or something equally vile..... :p

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
snapdragen said:
'Cept you drink fancy bourbon. Don't think I didn't see how quick you pulled you glass away when J's was about to sully your bourbon with Jack Daniel's, or something equally vile..... :p
Makers isn't all that much more $$ than JD. Tastes a hell of a lot better tho.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I was in St. Louis on a fraternity thing a few years back and we went to a bar with some local guys where they had quarter pitchers of beer. We helped a midget up on to a bar, then held his legs as he drank a pitcher upside down. Half of which came out his nose.

Here at home though there aren't too many places that I like. Orang County is pretty snobby. I went to a bar in DC called the Black Cat that i thought was great. Any bar with PBR on tap is good in my book.

joe

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
atpjunkie said:
it's Tennessee Sour Mash. and yes I'd pull away a glass of Booker Noes to prevent it from being polluted by J's mystery drink (which turned out to be Jack) it coulda been Tequila for all I know.
yes I like Fancy Bourbon. I like Nice wine too. You did notice we booze lovers smuggle the good stuff from home.
"Can I have a glass with some ice please?"
I'm trying to walk a straight line
On sour mash and cheap wine
So join me for a drink boys
We're gonna make a big noise
So don't worry about tomorrow
Take it today
Forget about the cheque
We'll get hell to pay
Have a drink on me

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Jack isn't Bourbon

it's Tennessee Sour Mash. and yes I'd pull away a glass of Booker Noes to prevent it from being polluted by J's mystery drink (which turned out to be Jack) it coulda been Tequila for all I know.
yes I like Fancy Bourbon. I like Nice wine too. You did notice we booze lovers smuggle the good stuff from home.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fast Lane, Asbury Park, NJ

Friction_Shifter said:

Great dive bar in a crappy neighborhood, super cold beer and a/c in the heat of the summer. Great bands, saw springsteen many times, john cafferty & beaver brown, marshal crenshaw, gary us bonds, southside johnny, patty smith.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
local dive in memphis where all the punk rockers used to gig (me included) had "beer bust" nite for $4. never carded a damn single person. i was 17 in there drinking all nite with the guys. problem was, they served the absolute worst beer. think, SPICED meister brau. eww.

after four or five refills it don't matter anymore. until the next morning, when you enjoy it again from both ends. :rolleyes:

best part was it was 1/2 block behind my apt. walk up, stumble home. most of the time, with new company. :)

i'm still a hardcore, you know. just old.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
atpjunkie said:
You did notice we booze lovers smuggle the good stuff from home.
Nah, didn't notice at all....... :rolleyes:

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
The Anchorage, Somers Point, NJ.....

Friction_Shifter said:

7 for 1 ....... seven beers for a buck, and no disco ........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts