Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Racers worst nightmare- the bunny suit of doom soon to be officiating a USCF race near you.

:rolleyes:

Kitty dunks in approval!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
very cool. i foolishly missed the class offered in memphis. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haiku d'etat said:
very cool. i foolishly missed the class offered in memphis. :rolleyes:
Our Local Association requires each BAR team to have an USA Cycling official on the roster and to work a BAR race event. I sent out an email to the club reminding them numerous times and got dead silence back. So as president of the club, the buck stops with me. I went, and actually learned some interesting things- especially regarding the new cross rules this year. They are implementing cross categories this year, just like road now (1-4 though, not 5). If you want to start out higher then a 4, you can petition with yyour race resume and get upgraded to the proper class). That and the "one set of barriers" rule is GONE (unless your race has UCI implications, which is rare). You can have up to SIX obsticles, including up to three sets of artificial barriers, and three "natural" ones, like run ups, fallen logs and the like.

Jungle cross is back in session!

:cool:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i've done jungle cross regardless of rules, for the last 3 years. they're MY races. nobody b!tches.

tell me more about 'cross classifications.

i heard you have to get another license JUST for cx.

???

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haiku d'etat said:
i've done jungle cross regardless of rules, for the last 3 years. they're MY races. nobody b!tches.

tell me more about 'cross classifications.

i heard you have to get another license JUST for cx.

???
I don't think so- it is just another category on your road license (like track).

The nice thing for the series races is they can mix up the courses a bit. Our races are part of the Virginia series, which hekps with promoting races and building a solid series in the state.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.