Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Downhill Juggernaut
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
Not as strong a month as it could have been for pictures.









If I'd only had a few more days in the month...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
Not much riding

but plenty of skiing (that is not me racing, that's someone fast, rest of the pix of skiers are me). Some rowing too (well, our dock - possibly while having a beer after skiing)
 

·
duh...
Joined
·
9,658 Posts
oarsman said:
but plenty of skiing (that is not me racing, that's someone fast, rest of the pix of skiers are me). Some rowing too (well, our dock - possibly while having a beer after skiing)


what kind of shells are those? looks like the bottom eight has some kind of euro rigging
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
FatTireFred said:
what kind of shells are those? looks like the bottom eight has some kind of euro rigging
Those are mostly our Learn to Row shells. The two eights on the lower dock are both ancient Kaschpers. The reason the lower eight is rigged that way has much more to do with cracks in some of the ribs than anything else :p The quad on the upper dock is also some ancient beast (weighs about the same as a small tree, but is stable and tough as nails: perfect for beginners). The single is a Levator, privately owned by one of our members. He is fixing a little injury to the bow.

Our good stuff is inside the boathouse :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
commutenow said:
From the commute to my art room and the foundry.
C, Nice photos. I especially like the reflection one, the next one has great color and movement(what is it?) and the drying rack one. Is that two figure bronze done by Orikasa(sp?)? I think he’s either where you are or at least in the same state.


MB1, You know they make cat air travel carriers. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
kaotikgrl said:
... MB1, You know they make cat air travel carriers. :)
I really wanted to bring that cat home but I don't think it would be happy in the city. Folks seemed to be taking care of it anyway.

Although I will check up on it the next time we are in Florida.
 

·
duh...
Joined
·
9,658 Posts
oarsman said:
Those are mostly our Learn to Row shells. The two eights on the lower dock are both ancient Kaschpers. The reason the lower eight is rigged that way has much more to do with cracks in some of the ribs than anything else :p The quad on the upper dock is also some ancient beast (weighs about the same as a small tree, but is stable and tough as nails: perfect for beginners). The single is a Levator, privately owned by one of our members. He is fixing a little injury to the bow.

Our good stuff is inside the boathouse :)


cool... I know ancient and beastly. in college we trained with old wooden pococks and raced the fiberglass stuff... freshmen had to race the wooden boats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
FatTireFred said:
cool... I know ancient and beastly. in college we trained with old wooden pococks and raced the fiberglass stuff... freshmen had to race the wooden boats!
We used to have an old wooden pocock- and it was one that split in the middle for transport. Now that was a heavy boat. Its closest boating relative was probably a dug out canoe. 66 feet long. Did my first head race in it - 7 km that are seared into my memory. Coach made a bit of a boo-boo in the seating as well: all the bigger guys on one side - oops. Then someone's seat broke. Then near the end someone's oarlock came loose... great times. Oh, and our cox was crazy (even more so than most coxes).

I will take our Pocock hyper-carbon eight thank you.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top