Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
recommended format:

feb/ytd mileage in subject line/title

and, what notable cycling-related happening took place for you in feb?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
feb 534, ytd 852, ...

eureka! finished physical therapy and clean bill of health for quad sprain/stress fracture!!!!!! 140-mile weekend and no limping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
496 in Feb and Ytd of 974

I built up my NOS Colnago Tecnos frame and rode it on the last day of the month!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I have no idea of our miles and it is great.

Something around 2000 ytd each I would guess.

Sure we have ridden a lot, things have finally warmed up around here. I am mostly over my broken knee and can mostly keep up with Miss M or better.

We both crashed hard in Feb but we are pretty much healed from that too. All we had to do was replace a bunch of clothing and a helmet-no real harm done. Nothing like being bundled up to make gravity assisted dismounts less painfull.

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
306 mi Feb, 394 mi YTD

Got my fixie built up (and even rode it a few times) - my new travel bike, waaaay too many mountains at home to think about regular fixed/ss riding. Doing a century on it in April, then it's getting packed and going to Boston with me......

·
Registered
59 Posts
398.01/572.94

I've ridden more in Jan/Feb than ever before - just headed out the door to do a century in 30 degree/overcast...

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Feb -- 401 mi., YTD approx 550

J's Haiku Shop said:
recommended format:

feb/ytd mileage in subject line/title

and, what notable cycling-related happening took place for you in feb?
I added up the February miles last night, so I know that the 401 is accurate; don't have my log with me here at work, so I am not sure about January, but I think that it was around 150 miles.

The notable cycling-related happening in February was that I got out on the roads -- I had more miles in February 2004 than I had in February 2003 and 2002 combined. Most of my miles were slow, easy miles (including a few on snow and ice). But, it sure beats the indoor trainer.

·
FTMD
283 Posts
de minimis mileage, but...

...the last day of February was my first outdoor ride since Christmas day that didn't end in knee pain. We hit it hard for 40 miles and I felt great. No discomfort at all, and the twice weekly spinerval sessions in the basement have really helped. January and February were dark, depressed months. Now I'm very optimistic.

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
126 Feb 133 YTD

Notable cycling events: none

But my YTD mileage is up over 100% versus this time last year!! I guess that means I'll get in 8000 miles this year! (not)

Cold, wind, snow, ice and me being sick for three straight weeks kept me off the bike. I didn't ride outside, didn't ride indoors and barely could stand to lift weights. Three weeks of being a useless blob. But who cares?? I leave for Hawaii in five days...yipppeeeeee

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Feb = 758, YTD = 1152

Went through my first crash of the year. I went out without the studs and did some ice surfing.

Did my first Cat. 3 race on the 28th. Really sore on the 29th. :eek:

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Feb 320; YTD 508

Only riding Sat & Sunday. Weather and family finally aligned and did 110 miles total this past weekend.

Sheeseh, I have to give up getting in great shape & settle for OK shape.

Len

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Feb-226.5 (124.5 last week!) YTD-336.5 Like Paul Cl, I'm way above my total for last year. Could I be headed for a record (for me)?! No notable events.

·
Registered
71 Posts
234 miles for Feb/ Don't have a YTD. Bought computer in late January.

getting use to riding as this is my first year on a road bike. I just got over that horrible stomach and vomiting flu. I thought I was going to die. I would not wish that stuff upon my worst enemy.....Justin :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
FEB = 777 mi, YTD = 1287 mi

Hit my hightest monthly mileage ever. In the middle of winter, and on the shortest month of the year. What a strange world.

·
Formerly JL
155 Posts
Feb. 52/YTD 52 miles

I'm ahead of last year and more than half was yesterday, but at least I started.

Most notable event was I bought a MTB :eek:. I just picked it up today, so no miles on it yet. I bought it for something to change it up every once in a while, and to "inspire" me to get back on the bike. I had the winter blues, way bad. :(

Yesterday out on the road felt awesome though, so maybe it will be a banner year.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts