Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody happen to read these articles good insite into what really happened at the Giro last year kind of makes me wonder about racing to win. I thought Deluca was racing for his own glory but apparently not considering Yates was calling him a d*ckhead for riding at the front and towing Simoni and Rujano up the Finnestre but I guess it was OK for Ardila to tow Salvodelli up the Sestriere all is fair in love and pro cycling. Discuss amongst yourselves I'm a little viklemt!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was interesting to hear about how these 'alliances' took place. It was not obvious to me when I watched the stage the first time.

I don't know if it was just me, but didn't it seem like Yates was particularly critical of Salvodelli? His tone in the interview implied that he thought Salvodelli was sort of a brat- complaining, needing support car near by, etc.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Rfever said:
It was interesting to hear about how these 'alliances' took place. It was not obvious to me when I watched the stage the first time.

I don't know if it was just me, but didn't it seem like Yates was particularly critical of Salvodelli? His tone in the interview implied that he thought Salvodelli was sort of a brat- complaining, needing support car near by, etc.

Yeah, I caught that. He had a good team there but not as good as he wanted I'm sure. Salvodelli wasnt supposed to win and DS didnt expect him to. But what's he supposed to think is going to happen. He's not going to get a Tour team to back him up. Next year he'll get a better team,i'm sure, since DS is going to want to defend the Giro. With alot of luck, maybe they'll pull off another Giro/Tour double..........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts