Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any dealing with FedEx claims while shipping a bike? My mountain bike was damaged enroute to Crested Butte and now I am playing with FedEx insurance claim folks. The bike arrived with a big dent in the down tube. Already spoke with Ventana and they say it will need a new front triangle. Just wondering what to expect?

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I have it all pretty well documented with pictures and have done the paper work. Bike get picked up tomorrow to be sent to the adjusters.

·
So. Calif.
2,861 Posts
You're fortunate it's Fedex and not UPS.

UPS puts more obstacles in your path and will deny payment if they think it "wasn't packed right", eg "2 inches of cushioning all around" etc.

UPS is often substantially cheaper on large heavy items, so if I'm shipping something valuable, I make extra sure to comply with UPS's dictates.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are not the first person I have heard that from about UPS. I hope it goes smoothly. I purchased extra insurance and followed the rules for packing the bike. I have even included the instruction sheet out of my bike repair book on how pack a bike up for shipping so I hope it goes well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.