Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving work I get to go through a whole bunch of doors, elevators, fences and security (it is DC afterall). Then it is out into the normally crazy traffic.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I headed down Virginia Avenue to the waterfront. A bunch of kids were working on their 8's since it was so windy there was no way they were going to be allowed on the water.

Then it was up into Georgetown and its wonderful traffic.

Parked the bike and it was time for a little bit off the sides.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Traffic hadn't gotten any better while I was getting my trim.

What to do?

Well for starters I could cross the 34th Street footbridge.

Then I could hop on the tow path.

Then take a steep old alley down to Water Street.

No traffic there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
MB1 said:
Traffic hadn't gotten any better while I was getting my trim.

What to do?

Well for starters I could cross the 34th Street footbridge.

Then I could hop on the tow path.

Then take a steep old alley down to Water Street.

No traffic there!
If the traffic's too bad, you could just call home on your shoe phone and tell 99 that you're going to be late.
:D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water Street runs right into the Capital Crescent Trail.

Then I go under the Canal through a tunnel and back up into traffic.

Not that it was any bother to me since the sidewalk is a bike route.

Then it was through the back streets home where I made like Max again before putting the bike away and onto the 'net.

Another day.
Another post.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I left a party in Foxhall at 3:15am last Sunday morning and drove down M St. on my way back to Bloomingdale; The traffic in Georgetown was GHASTLY, even at that hour.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Sorry if you posted about it before, but what's the new light you have? Looks pretty sweet. That is a light on your handlebar, right?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Fahrrad fahren
231 Posts
I had the hardest time...

I had the hardest time getting a shoe phone in clipless.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great post!

Great post! I never get tired of looking at your pictures or those chrome lugs. Just beautiful.
I had to Google "Maxwell Smart" so I could understand all the shoe comments. Sorry, I didn't know who he was.:eek: I liked the haircut pic too.
MN Dan

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Eessshhhh! That hallway to the right of the elevator panel is maybe the most depressing place I've seen in years. I think I'd do a Hemingway if I had to pass through there on a daily basis....thank gawd for the redeeming qualities of the commute once you've gotten back outside into the real world.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
MN Dan said:
I had to Google "Maxwell Smart" so I could understand all the shoe comments. Sorry, I didn't know who he was.:eek: I liked the haircut pic too.
MN Dan
Yikes. I can't say my life would be different had i not watched as a kid, but i did the love the hell out of that show.

At one of my clients, i used to have to walk through a series of doors. 5 doorways in 30 feet to get from the parking garage to the lobby, and i used to whistle the "get smart" theme song every time i walked through there. one time i was going with a younger co-worker. he had no idea what i was whistling.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
MB1 said:
I headed down Virginia Avenue to the waterfront. A bunch of kids were working on their 8's since it was so windy there was no way they were going to be allowed on the water.

Then it was up into Georgetown and its wonderful traffic.

Parked the bike and it was time for a little bit off the sides.
you gotta be careful about locking your bike to railings like that - I had a buddy who lost a bike by the thieves kicking similar railings in, walking off with his still locked bike and presumably removing the lock privately in their own time

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice post MB! It's snowing and icey here yet again. I think I'm finally ready to switch from ski mode to bike mode. Although, the slopes sure were nice on Wednesday.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
The pic of the chic riding your bike as fantastic, it lines up so well. I loved Maxwell smart, he died recently didn't he? As I was viewing your thread I started humming, lol.
Great stuff as always MB1, I recognize your pic from the towpath from last summer.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sorry for not spending enough time in your post the first time reading it. Until I see comments from zeytin and others, I then start google search what Maxwell Smart is, take a real look of the chic on your bike. Great stuffs.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
caterham said:

That's the second heaviest bike chain I've ever seen.
MB1 What kind of U-Lock is that? I am looking for another.
Thanks,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts