Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode a Felt F2C and liked the fit/feel. I actually prefered it to the Orbea Orca, Kuota Kredo, Giant TCR, and Fuji Team Issue. The lbs is steering me away from the upper end Felt carbon frames. Stating the frames are not in the same league as the others I rode. Would like feedback. Thanks

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
This is the one time, and probably only time, that I'll ever agree with another poster who often says this. . .the frames are being manufactured in the same Asian companies and, for the most part, are probably all going to be equally reliable. I have heard nothing but good stuff on the Felts and really like the F55 aluminum can I ride right now. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with it. The big difference will likely be in how they feel when you ride them. Different designs so different characteristics. So, does the LBS sell Felt? And if so, I think they are crazy for talking down their products. Are they trying to get you onto a more expensive setup?

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Well heck, for the 2500.00 price tag on a Orca frame I would to if I were your LBS. I don't know much about the Kuota line. Add in full Campy Record, Campy wheels, FSA K-Wing Bar and stem, etc. you have one of my dream bikes. If you can afford it I envy you. If not, you may want to look at the Felt some more. But honestly, I like Orbea and if I had the choice and the money I'd probably lean towards something like Onix even with it's heavier weight (compared to the more expensive Orbea line). But, qualitywise, I'd be hard pressed to say the Orbea is that much better than the Felts.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Like I said

This is the one time I sort of agree with CV's post (That doesn't happen very often). But remember one thing, carbon's thickness and weave style can be very different. But that said, I still don't think you have to worry whatsoever with Felt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got my F3C in today. I assembled it and I just need the head mechanic to tune her up. I will give you guys some feed back after tomorrow's ride. But just on my observation of the bike and my riding experience with my F60, I am going to be in heaven when Im riding.

·
Registered
16 Posts
cdeason said:
I rode a Felt F2C and liked the fit/feel. I actually prefered it to the Orbea Orca, Kuota Kredo, Giant TCR, and Fuji Team Issue. The lbs is steering me away from the upper end Felt carbon frames. Stating the frames are not in the same league as the others I rode. Would like feedback. Thanks
IS the difference in weight of the bike going to make a noticebale difference in your performance (Felt vs Orbea, etc)? If your worried about a half-pound/pound in weight on your bike, maybe you should just watch what you eat. I bought the Felt because of the feel and the deal that I got.

Anywho, here is the new ride.

Excuse me while I take her out for her maiden voyage.

·
Registered
129 Posts
UNF_Chaz said:
IS the difference in weight of the bike going to make a noticebale difference in your performance (Felt vs Orbea, etc)? If your worried about a half-pound/pound in weight on your bike, maybe you should just watch what you eat. I bought the Felt because of the feel and the deal that I got.

Anywho, here is the new ride.

Excuse me while I take her out for her maiden voyage.

Congrats, looks great. Tell us how she sails.

·
Banned
3,317 Posts
Well, Orbeas and Kuotas are both made in the Martec factory, which has a very good reputation. That said, I haven't heard anything bad about the Felts at all. In fact bikesportmichigan raves about them, and I've been quite impressed by their reviews.

FWIW, I really like my Kuota, but let's face it, it's a mass-produced carbon frame that Kuota purchases for about $200, if that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.