Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am comparing a Felt DA with HED Aerobars or Oval Concepts A901's to an Argon E-114. The Argon frame alone is almost 1 lb. heavier. I THINK they both will fit me the same as in a 52 Felt DA and Small E-114, the geometry is very similar. I've heard that the E-114 is more stable, which, over an Ironman distance, adds up to less weaving and less wasted energy. I am 90% leaning towards the Argon....seems like with the available spacers for height, and very adjustable pads, I should be able to get a really good fit. Anyone have experience with either or both of these bikes? I realize the DA is very adjustable in the front with its different length stems and adjustable angle. I think from that standpoint, it may be the better choice, but I've read such good things about the E-114 (and both bikes will end up costing me about the same, with the E-114 being about $200 more than the DA for me). Just can't decide (and can't ride either bike first as no nearby dealer carries either).

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen the BikeSport Michigan site - great info on the Felt B2 Pro, but no DA reviews. I know Felt does a lot of wind tunnel testing, but so does Argon 18...tough choice. Wish I could ride both of them and pro fitted (I guess I could fly to Colorado or NYC and have it done, but that's another $1k when you add up the flight, hotel, fitting, etc.

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
well if it matters, the early DA's were made in the US while Argons are nawwwt.

Well, either way, TT bikes are TT bikes. Go with fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.