Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy my first cyclocross bike. I've got a line on a new Felt f1x (Shimano Ultegra 10spd components) for a little over $1200 or a used Bianchi Cross Concept with Shimano Dura Ace components for around $1,000. I love the Felt's feel and everything so far, but the Bianchi is even lighter. Anyone ridden both or have a strong opinion about these two bikes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't speak for the Bianchi, but recently purchaced an F1X and have been riding it for a month or so. It's my first cross bike and I'm lovin' it so far. I use it double duty for road and dirt. It's nice and snappy and handles the dirt in fine fashion. Love the smooth shifting Ultegra 10 sp and the inlcuded "chicken" brakes. The Mavic CXP wheelset, while a bit portly, is pretty dang bomb-proof so far. I've hit some poor lines on some rocky descents and they have held up like champs. I know 2 other folks that ride the F1X and they love them as well. Felt really puts out a nice bike at a great value. I bet you could do a little better on that price simply by asking.... more like 1100. The only thing I would change on the bike are the bars. After riding a friends cross bike w/ Salsa Bell Lap bars, I much prefer them.

In the perfect world, if I was using it strictly for cross and no road, I'd likely opt for a steal frame to soften up the ride a bit (although the carbon fork does take the edge off). I see the Bianchi is scandium... never ridden that material. Something to think about. Also, I see it comes w/ a Cane Creek wheelset. While CC makes great components, I hear their wheelsets leave a bit to be desired from a durability standpoint. Again, never ridden them, but that's just what the rumor mill has to say.

As w/ any bike, fit is King. I'd go w/ whichever one feels the best.

gmd3d said:
I'm getting ready to buy my first cyclocross bike. I've got a line on a new Felt f1x (Shimano Ultegra 10spd components) for a little over $1200 or a used Bianchi Cross Concept with Shimano Dura Ace components for around $1,000. I love the Felt's feel and everything so far, but the Bianchi is even lighter. Anyone ridden both or have a strong opinion about these two bikes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts