Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help. I've got a 2007 Felt F3 I recently purchased. Didn't have a headset. I see in Felt's tech literature that a Cane Creek IS compatible headset should be used.

Ok, so I got one (IS-2). Now, this is the first integrated headset frame I've had, but the bearing are NOT a slip fit into the head tube as I thought they would be. They don't just drop in as I've read that they should.

It doesn't seem that far off, but I'm afraid to attempt to press them in. I've pressed in conventional headsets a bunch of times, so I'm not afraid of the process at all. It's just I've been told IS-style headsets don't require pressing.

So I'm perplexed.

Any help?

Thanks.

--Dave

·
Registered
111 Posts
The IS2 is a sealed bearing headset and what was originally on my Felt F4 was a Aheadset that had a race in the headtube and a ball and cage style bearing. Just make sure the old race is no still in the head tube. They are a bit of a tight fit. A little grase and a light tap with something wood or plastic and it should go it.

Erik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.