Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, maybe someone can help me out. im having a hard time deciding on a felt road bike or bianchi. i've ridden both and am still having trouble picking one. ive ridden the felt f3c and the bianchi 928 carbon. has anybody owned either one of these bikes? and maybe could give me there opinion.
thanks

· Banned
476 Posts
email first

mike1976 said:
hi, maybe someone can help me out. im having a hard time deciding on a felt road bike or bianchi. i've ridden both and am still having trouble picking one. ive ridden the felt f3c and the bianchi 928 carbon. has anybody owned either one of these bikes? and maybe could give me there opinion.
thanks
my suggestion - email both companies first and ask where the frame itself is made [vs where the bike is assembled]

· Registered
124 Posts
Why would it matter if the frame is made in taiwan or china? The quality is going to be about the same...unless you have an opinionon which country makes better frames..... Anyway...I just got a Bianch 928 Lugged carbon and I absolutely lovethe bike. I cant totally speak for the monoque version, but the quality on the frame is awsome, and I would definitely recommend it...and it has campy.....however, the felt is a sweet looking bike...

· Banned
476 Posts
here is why

lancerracer said:
Why would it matter if the frame is made in taiwan or china? The quality is going to be about the same...unless you have an opinionon which country makes better frames..... Anyway...I just got a Bianch 928 Lugged carbon and I absolutely lovethe bike. I cant totally speak for the monoque version, but the quality on the frame is awsome, and I would definitely recommend it...and it has campy.....however, the felt is a sweet looking bike...

China opposes us in our attempt to keep Iran from getting the Bomb

China will not let Tibet be free

China has prisioners in jail for speaking out against the government

China allows and promotes children working in salve conditions

China threaths to invade and take over Taiwan and convert them from a free country to their 'better system'

· Banned
2,767 Posts
collectorvelo said:

China threaths to invade and take over Taiwan and convert them from a free country to their 'better system'
And the US has secret prisons around the world.

The US ships prisoners to nations that torture.

The US is conducting an illegal war.

Your government is tracking your phone calls.

Any other stupid Collectorveloisms?

· Banned
476 Posts
and you would prefer to live where?

alienator said:

Any other stupid Collectorveloisms?

Are you blaming me for the short comings of the USA?
And are you suggesting a better place to live?

if so, why not just say so -- give us all the details
and also explain why you might love china so much

· Banned
2,767 Posts
collectorvelo said:
Are you blaming me for the short comings of the USA?
And are you suggesting a better place to live?

if so, why not just say so -- give us all the details
and also explain why you might love china so much

Nah, I'm just pointing out that you're a myopic twit. The guy asked about bikes, and you come back with some party line from a GOP sleep over? "...better place to live?" Hey, there are plenty of places that are nice to live.

China is a beautiful country. Unlike you, I can tell the difference between a people and the politics of their leaders.

FWIW, Dilbert, maybe you should scan the history pages a bit and see where labor laws were,here, 60 or 70 years ago. Only the US is dumb enough to think that countries can change over night.....uh huh. Sure. You apparently have no clue as to what changes are happening in China. Apparently they don't put that in the party pamphlets. And as we know, you're no expert or source of knowledge on anything.

· Banned
476 Posts
no GOP

alienator said:
Nah, I'm just pointing out that you're a myopic twit. The guy asked about bikes, and you come back with some party line from a GOP sleep over? "...better place to live?" Hey, there are plenty of places that are nice to live.

China is a beautiful country. Unlike you, I can tell the difference between a people and the politics of their leaders.

FWIW, Dilbert, maybe you should scan the history pages a bit and see where labor laws were,here, 60 or 70 years ago. Only the US is dumb enough to think that countries can change over night.....uh huh. Sure. You apparently have no clue as to what changes are happening in China. Apparently they don't put that in the party pamphlets. And as we know, you're no expert or source of knowledge on anything.

never voted for one member of the GOP - and have not missed voting since 1968 - local or national

but I still know the difference between China and Taiwan
and between free people and salves

you have no fear that what you have posted here will get you dragged off in the middle of the night -- people in china do not enjoy that little peice of mind

and before you tell me where i need to visit - you better find out where i have been

the more modern china becomes - the more we can pressure them thru our purchases to do the right thing -- which includes freeing Tibet, not threatening Taiwan, and backing us and the EC in our effort to keep Iran from getting the Bomb

· Registered
108 Posts
collectorvelo said:

Hahahahahahhaaa. is this post for real????

· Banned
2,767 Posts
collectorvelo said:
and before you tell me where i need to visit - you better find out where i have been
I don't think so. I do hope, you go back to from where ever you came soon, though, because you've brought some things up and presume some things that just don't hold water.

I'll bet it's a lovely place where you were spawned: nice 531 bikes everywhere; no mean Chinese people; enough one-think to go around for everyone.

· Banned
476 Posts
selective

alienator said:
I don't think so. I do hope, you go back to from where ever you came soon, though, because you've brought some things up and presume some things that just don't hold water.

I'll bet it's a lovely place where you were spawned: nice 531 bikes everywhere; no mean Chinese people; enough one-think to go around for everyone.

you seem very selective in what you will comment on

try responding to this

"you have no fear that what you have posted here will get you dragged off in the middle of the night -- people in china do not enjoy that little peice of mind"

then think about where you prefer to live

· Banned
2,767 Posts
collectorvelo said:
you seem very selective in what you will comment on

try responding to this

"you have no fear that what you have posted here will get you dragged off in the middle of the night -- people in china do not enjoy that little peice of mind"

then think about where you prefer to live
Well, gee, Sport, it's good to see that the world can be painted in such black and white terms. It's nice that worldly affairs can be reduced to such simplistic terms. Sorry, again you fail. Clearly, you must be a master on Chinese affairs, politics, and the like. I'm surprised you haven't been picked for that Cabinet position.....or maybe one of those think tanks. Well, maybe that hasn't happened because your simplifications are so ridiculous as to be laughable.

· Registered
743 Posts
alienator said:

And you forgot one other very important point.............The USA is the only country ever to

be condemned for international terrorism by the International Court of Justice

Collectorvelo........you are so very typical of the average American who is so blinded by his government's own bullshit. It never ceases to amaze me.

· Banned
476 Posts
have the nerve to answer?

alienator said:
Well, gee, Sport, it's good to see that the world can be painted in such black and white terms. It's nice that worldly affairs can be reduced to such simplistic terms. Sorry, again you fail. Clearly, you must be a master on Chinese affairs, politics, and the like. I'm surprised you haven't been picked for that Cabinet position.....or maybe one of those think tanks. Well, maybe that hasn't happened because your simplifications are so ridiculous as to be laughable.

my state stands

now will you address it?
Do you fear our government will drag you off in the middle of the night for posting negative statements about the administration?
it is a simple question - could be answered with a yes or no

· Banned
2,767 Posts
collectorvelo said:
my state stands

now will you address it?
Do you fear our government will drag you off in the middle of the night for posting negative statements about the administration?
it is a simple question - could be answered with a yes or no
Gee, Old Man, what nerve is required? Is this a test?

And yes out government will go out of its way to kill off the future of people not on board with the New American Century. Unlike you, I have no illusions about the Chinese government, but also unlike you, I don't have my eyes closed. So I see that their government has evolved and moderated quite a bit since the Cultural Revolution. Sorry, Old Man, a trip to China doesn't give you political insight. Neither does asking the question you asked. It's a question clearly designed to force an either yes or no answer. Obviously you see the world in black and white. I hear that happens with old age.

· Banned
476 Posts
oh - will not answer

alienator said:
Gee, Old Man, what nerve is required? Is this a test?

And yes out government will go out of its way to kill off the future of people not on board with the New American Century. Unlike you, I have no illusions about the Chinese government, but also unlike you, I don't have my eyes closed. So I see that their government has evolved and moderated quite a bit since the Cultural Revolution. Sorry, Old Man, a trip to China doesn't give you political insight. Neither does asking the question you asked. It's a question clearly designed to force an either yes or no answer. Obviously you see the world in black and white. I hear that happens with old age.

it is clear you have painted yourself into a box
something young people do a lot
just wait till it dries and step out

easier than answering a direct question

· Banned
141 Posts
collectorvelo!!!

collectorvelo said:

I think someone forgot to take his medication.

· Banned
476 Posts
and the reason I need something?

LBK said:
I think someone forgot to take his medication.

you feel something I said in comparing China to Taiwan was incorrect?
or you feel I should not care what goes on in other parts of the world?
or you feel I donot need to worry about how China spends my money if I buy from there?
or that I do not have the right to be concerned about where my frame is made?

can you make you comment more clear?

· Banned
2,767 Posts
collectorvelo said:
it is clear you have painted yourself into a box
something young people do a lot
just wait till it dries and step out

easier than answering a direct question

Well, Gramps, no I haven't. What you apparently don't understand is that your question was designed to try to paint someone into a box by allowing only one of two possible answers. In the context of politics, culture, and sociology--all variables, among others, in that question of yours, your question is ill-posed. Any answer given cannot be true.

You have more in common with dubya than you might think, Gramps, because you seem unable to view thing in anything other than a one dimensional, binary format. Example? Your "with us or against us" question. I suspect your doctor may need to increase your dose of Aricept.

· Banned
476 Posts
common mis used technic

alienator said:
Well, Gramps, no I haven't. What you apparently don't understand is that your question was designed to try to paint someone into a box by allowing only one of two possible answers. In the context of politics, culture, and sociology--all variables, among others, in that question of yours, your question is ill-posed. Any answer given cannot be true.

You have more in common with dubya than you might think, Gramps, because you seem unable to view thing in anything other than a one dimensional, binary format. Example? Your "with us or against us" question. I suspect your doctor may need to increase your dose of Aricept.

you can not answer; so you attack the questioneer
if you do not want to answer - that is fine

i think we all know the answer
which is - you can say whatever you like about our government and not fear you will be pickup and put in jail for saying it - unlike those unfortunate souls in red china

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.