Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a lot of bike for the money. Does anybody know how it rides and if it is a quality product.

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
dom3333 said:
Looks like a lot of bike for the money. Does anybody know how it rides and if it is a quality product.
Only 4 post and you come on here praising Felts? You must be a Felt Shill!

Just joking.

I have a friend with last years F2 and another who just got an F4 last week. The F3 is the better carbon than last years F2 (I think) or this years F4. Every thing I have heard about them is good.

I would not have guessed it but it does seem as though they have made both my friends a little faster.

Overall the Felts are nice bikes and a good value for the money.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Felt

I "almost" pulled the plug on the F3C, but at the last second I decided to get the F2C. Probably not worth the price upgrades, but I did it anyway.
I have had my F2C for about 2 weeks now (ordered it back in early December, so availability may be a problem)...and have a whopping 0 hours on the bike. Just as soon as I get the bike I ended up sick (going on day 17 now) and then to top things off, my back went out pretty severely over the weekend. I am hoping....Praying....that I can get some time on the bike this weekend.
Just looking at the bike.....I'm probably now worthy to ride such a nice bike, in fact I may just be embarrassing myself.

I do have 3 friends that are riding Felts (aluminum/carbon frames) and they LOVE them!!

KMan

dom3333 said:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys. I purchased a 2005 limited edition F3C last labor day. What a dream ride !! I've changed the brakes to Dura Ace, so now it's a full Dura Ace bike, and I've put a Specialized seat on it. Since Labor Day I've logged over 3000 miles on this bike. I can't say enough about it. Climbs like a goat, glides like a cat, and handles like a fine woman !!! I Love This Bike !!!

Randy LeRoy
"bikegerm"

·
Registered
432 Posts
My local bike shop carries Felts and they are in the low range of the top tier bikes they sell. Since I've been able to eyeball them well and from the confidence my bike shop has with them I would say they are a high-quality bike, definately. If you like it you should have no qualms about getting one. They are a fast-growing company because they put out very good quality products.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
I saw an F3C for the first time last weekend. It looks pretty flashy. I need to trade my F80 for one.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
They're pretty nice, though I've never ridden one, it's on my list of bikes to consider.

I did find out that the F2C through F5C all have the same frameset -- it's carbon fiber, but it has internal aluminum lugging and an Ouzo Comp fork (alloy steerer.) The F1C is a full monocoque with an Ouzo Pro fork. That's why the F2-5c are painted / lacquered, says the guy -- it's to cover the seams. The F1c is bare / matte carbon.

The $1000 difference between the F2C and F3C is kit: Aksium versuis Ksyrium SL wheels, a Truvativ crankset instead of FSA megaexo, and Dura-Ace brakes instead of generics. I

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KMan said:
I "almost" pulled the plug on the F3C, but at the last second I decided to get the F2C. Probably not worth the price upgrades, but I did it anyway.
I have had my F2C for about 2 weeks now (ordered it back in early December, so availability may be a problem)...and have a whopping 0 hours on the bike. Just as soon as I get the bike I ended up sick (going on day 17 now) and then to top things off, my back went out pretty severely over the weekend. I am hoping....Praying....that I can get some time on the bike this weekend.
Just looking at the bike.....I'm probably now worthy to ride such a nice bike, in fact I may just be embarrassing myself.

I do have 3 friends that are riding Felts (aluminum/carbon frames) and they LOVE them!!

KMan
Hang in there, hope you feel better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts