Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife is considering the felt f55 w/dura ace etc for $2100, or the orbea onix with ultegra for $2800. quite a price difference. can't decide if it is worth it to have a carbon bike or if the felt (al) would be fine.

the bike will be used maily for easy riding, maybe 1 race a year.

so, does anyone have any insights on the ride feel of the two bikes? will the carbon be that much more comftable?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I can't figure out why those are so expensive. The F55 is usually around $1700... I mean, the felt F3C is about $2400 most places around here. I'd look around a little....

In the Seattle area you can get them at www.bikesale.com.

Orbea makes nice bikes, but they are budget-minded as much as Felt tends to be.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Some places are less likely to discount in general, but you can usually get them to offer more competitive prices if you show multiple examples from a variety of locations. $1700 doesn't appear to be unusually low for a variety of regions around the US (a quick Internet search came up with similar prices in California, Oregon, Michigan, Florida, and New York). Since his Orbea price isn't too out of the ordinary, it seems like the Felt prices should be more competitive. If he can't find better prices nearby, maybe the shops can drop their prices.

I tried a Felt F3C, and didn't really care for it. None of the shops I visited actually stocked Orbea, but rumor is the Onix is pretty flexy. I found a great deal on a Scott CR1, and really enjoyed the ride. All my previous bikes for the past 15 years have been big tube aluminum, and I'm enjoying the change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.