Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello die hard roadies. I am a newbie to the road bike world. I have a 2005 felt F55 road bike. size 54. I think the bike is too tall for me. I tried putting the seat as low as possible and forward. Just cant get comfortable. Peeps told me to stand over the bike and there should be at least an inch between you and the top bar. I tried, cannot be done, I have to lean the bike a little bit to the side in order to stand over it. My height is 5'6". My ? is should I sell the bike and get a bike the fits (get sized for it) or should I just buy a frame (that fits me) and swap all the parts from the F55 to the new frame. Components / parts are great on the F55. Then sell the F55 frame. Any help / advise would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response.
sgalante, I will ask the Felt forum for a frame that I can use.
Tommy Walker, if I cant get a frame at a reasonable cost I will definitely go to my lbs to get fitted properly and look into a new bike.
skyliner1004, if the frame option does not work out, I will consider selling the bike whole.
terbennett, it was a rookie mistake to purchase this bike, at the time my coworker was telling me that DA components were high end parts from shimano. I learned my lesson. Properly sized bike is priority one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.