Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dad wants to get into cycling and has a very small budget to work with. He read some good reports in a bike magazine on the Felt F75 2011 model and found a website where he can purchase the bike for less than half from Indonesia. See link below.
Any chance this is a replica or some sort of scam?
I've always found that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
The bike sells for around $1,400 State side.
From Indonesia it sells for $512 plus $120 shipping.
Thanks for your feedback.

http://www.sale-bikes.com/products/Felt-F75-2011.html#.UQXNo7xngVs.gmail

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
Probably too good to be true.

What if you have a problem?
Whats with the trucker chick/dudette on the website?

·
Registered
495 Posts
My suggestion, FWIW, don't purchase from Indonesia. In researching a recent purchase I made, Indonesian sites always came up at 1/2 the price. Can't be unless someone's just wanting to take your money and run. Trust your instincts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
a buddy of mine was about to buy a Focus for a similarly huge discount from Indonesia. Originally it was COD so he figured he didn't have anything to lose. It was going along fine until the seller suddenly changed the rules and wanted money up front. My buddy aborted the deal, I'm sure he would have gotten ripped off if he sent the cash up front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So my dad wants to get into cycling and has a very small budget to work with. He read some good reports in a bike magazine on the Felt F75 2011 model and found a website where he can purchase the bike for less than half from Indonesia. See link below.
Any chance this is a replica or some sort of scam?
I've always found that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
The bike sells for around $1,400 State side.
From Indonesia it sells for $512 plus $120 shipping.
Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,
maybe this is an on line store like the nation-bike store from Indonesia too. I do not know if the bikes they sell are replicas or not.
But to buy in this low price you have to do a massive order of 5 or 10 bikes. Furthermore, a very suspicious point is that they do not accept paypal and they ask for a bank money transfer only. So, be very very careful.
From Greece
Tassos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts