Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, maybe someone can help me out. im having a hard time deciding on a felt road bike or bianchi. i've ridden both and am still having trouble picking one. ive ridden the felt f3c and the bianchi 928 carbon. has anybody owned either one of these bikes? and maybe could give me there opinion.
thanks

·
Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
collectorvelo said:
I think most Felt carbon frames are made in taiwan by ADK
but Bianchi I think are from China

I would e-mail the two companies and ask the source of their carbon frames
So what is better? Taiwan or China?

That maybe the dumbest response ever.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Well, that's Collector for you. He's got some kind of addiction to pointing out the Far East thing for everybody. Good grief. I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned his favorite online company yet.

In answer to the question though. Personally, I think it comes down to either loving Campy or Shimano. My Felt is well made, fast, and rides great. Several of our friends ride Bianchis and love them. I would say it comes down to fit, but Collector says fit doesn't matter. But, it does come down to fit. So, isn't that a catch 22?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a Felt F3C and couldn't be happier. The frame is first quality regardless of where it was made and all the components suit the bike. I weigh 210 and I've put it thru some really rough city riding and it soaks it all up beautifully. No experience with the Bianchi to compare it with though.

·
Banned
476 Posts
do I have to tell you which is better?

Lifelover said:
So what is better? Taiwan or China?

That maybe the dumbest response ever.

China opposes us in our attempt to keep Iran from getting the Bomb

China will not let Tibet be free

China has prisioners in jail for speaking out against the government

China allows and promotes children working in salve conditions

China threaths to invade and take over Taiwan and convert them from a free country to their 'better system'

you do not know which is better? maybe you would enjoy a nice lifetime in Cuba

·
Registered
51 Posts
mike1976 said:
hi, maybe someone can help me out. im having a hard time deciding on a felt road bike or bianchi. i've ridden both and am still having trouble picking one. ive ridden the felt f3c and the bianchi 928 carbon. has anybody owned either one of these bikes? and maybe could give me there opinion.
thanks
Well, I don't want to get into the China debate but my Bianchi was handmade in Italy by.... uhh......... I forget, but I have his signature on the frame and on some of the documentation I got with the frame/fork. It's Bianchi a L'una (in white 928 carbon) and I love it. I built it up with full Campy gear to balance the “Italian flavor”. Honestly though, it rides like a dream and handles extremely well. It’s easily thrown in and out of corners and stiff when it needs to be. I have it dialed in just right at the moment and won’t be changing much (except some FSA K-Force cranks/rings).

The Felt is a nice ride too though but for me, the Bianchi was the one. My advice to you is to get them both fitting nicely and take them both out again. Play with them a bit and then make your decision.

Nothing anyone says on this site should sway your decision since you’re the one who’ll be riding it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
deerfeedrb said:
I just got a new bianchi and the first thing i did was pull the made in taiwan sticker of the head tube. So i think bianchi is also made in taiwan.
Can't say for sure with regard to other Bianchi 928's but the L'una is definitely made in Italy. That I do know for sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ska! said:
Can't say for sure with regard to other Bianchi 928's but the L'una is definitely made in Italy. That I do know for sure.
I appologize, I should have mentioned my bike is a Veloce, not really comparable to those higher end bikes. I was just pointing out that some Bianchis are made in Taiwan also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.