Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m Looking at these three bikes, all priced in the $700-$800 range. I’m moving up from a cheap Walmart Denali road bike, so I’m sure any of them will seem great. The Felt is all 105 with Mavic wheels and tires, the Kestrel is all Dura Ace with Ksyrium wheels and Forte tires, and the Trek is all Ultegra with Ksyrium wheels and Gatorskin tires. All weigh about 18lbs from what I can tell.

This will be for fitness, fun rides, Strava times, breaking PRs, small group rides, etc. ranging from 20-50 miles once to twice a week.

·
Never Give Up!
1,232 Posts
Go and ride them, then go with the one that fits. You know an i'll fitted bike will only sit in the garage never to be used!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I’m limited to buying online. All my local shops are completely out of stock since everyone’s buying bikes with COVID going on. I’ve checked sizing charts for all three bikes and they’re all within optimal range for me (5’8” 160lbs).

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,435 Posts
Good luck buying used online. At least ask lots of questions about when drivetrain parts were last replaced, when cables/housing were last done, how old are the tires, etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a 2018 Kestrel Talon X with 105. It’s a great bike. Bought it as a wet/rain bike and I catch myself riding it almost as much as my main bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts