Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently that computer is horrible and the only thing it does correctly is keep time, but otherwise I'd still be interested in what is compatible.

·
Militant commuter
881 Posts
What do you mean by "compatible"? Get a computer, strap it on and go -- unless the Z85 has special pickups or something that demand a certain type or model of computer. A quick scan of Felt's site doesn't say anything about that, though.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,436 Posts
if you're looking at $30 computers, get a Cateye Strada...if you can spend $60, get a Cateye Strada Wireless. or any of the dozens of other computers out there that actually work. you're looking at a completely normal road bike, any computer will work.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
cxwrench said:
if you're looking at $30 computers, get a Cateye Strada...if you can spend $60, get a Cateye Strada Wireless. or any of the dozens of other computers out there that actually work. you're looking at a completely normal road bike, any computer will work.
+1 good choice.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, let me rephrase my question then. What are these "Flightdeck compatible" forks? It seems you can mount the wireless senors in them.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Flightdeck is a shimano specific computer. I can't comment on the computer specifically as I don't know anyone that uses it.

Personally, I use cateye strada wireless on all my bikes as it's simple and gets the job done. If garmin ever makes a product that is inexpensive and fairly reliable, I might change over. Most guys I ride with use cateye as well.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
deviousalex said:
Well, let me rephrase my question then. What are these "Flightdeck compatible" forks? It seems you can mount the wireless senors in them.
You generally have to have Shimano STI shifters that are "Flightdeck compatable" Trek has a frame that sensors can be mounted in them, but I am pretty sure that is for the Trek computer. I don't think you'll have a problem with Flightdeck if you have the right shifters.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts