Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put some fenders on my new to me 2009 Fuji Cross Comp so I can ride wet roads and keep the rooster tail of water off my back and water bottle up front. Looks like it has a spot at the seat stays and the dropouts in the back for mounts, but nothing in the front of the rear tire. The front looks like a hole in the fork at the top and on each of the drop outs. Preferably something I can take on and off easily. Tires are 30mm on it now, may go to 28s. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Go with full fenders. You can use zip-ties to secure the rear fender at the chainstays and it sounds like it has all the other necessary mounts. Bontrager NCS fenders are super easy to mount and have good coverage.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm confused by the seat stays attachment . Every rear fender I have installed attaches at the brake bridge and the dropouts. Seat stay attachment points are generally for installing a rear rack. What am I missing

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
These won't work with larger tires like the OP specified he has.
Mine Raceblade Longs do. There's plenty of clearance for 28mm tires. The fenders themselves are 38mm wide. The mounting tabs that pass under the brake calipers only need a about 3 mm between the calipers and the tire.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Mine Raceblade Longs do. There's plenty of clearance for 28mm tires. The fenders themselves are 38mm wide. The mounting tabs that pass under the brake calipers only need a about 3 mm between the calipers and the tire.
Tires are 30mm on it now, may go to 28s
I have raceblade longs and the struts are at their radial clearance limit with 700x25 tires. This does not vary by bike since they mount to the axle and not a braze-on. Sure, the brake caliper attachment point is moveable but the struts are limited by the axle to tire radius. If they ever do a Raceblade Long XL version, they should work great for cross bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.