Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to find this in the forums but no luck. I have a road bike with minimal clearance between the tires and brakes (ultegra brakes). To make matters worse, of course there are no eyelets to help install fenders. Does anybody have any recommendations? I have found a couple different kinds but I want some opinions on the best ones and/or what people have used and like. Thanks in advance for all our help. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
For brake clearance you can cut a section out of the fender and make a bridge over the brake with a piece of aluminum and some pop rivets.
For eyelets you can use p-clamps. You can get them at a hardware store, but bring a picture since they call them by different names (cable clamps, wire straps, etc.)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
SKS Race Blades will attach to virtually any frame. They provide less coverage than full fenders but are much better than nothing. Best of all, you can easily put them on or take them off, depending on the weather. I use them on my commuter bike. Lately I've been keeping them on because we can get afternoon thunderstorms just about any day during certain weather conditions. When it dries out, then I take them off.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Zip ties can make anything work. Even eyeleted fenders on non-eyeleted frames.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.