Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can any tell me about Fetish Cycles road frames? Specifically Fetish Cycles Inizio Aluminum frame. Are they quality frames? I found a new in the box one for $79 and was wondering about the company and their quality before I buy. I am also considering the Scattante XRL with Carbon stays from Performance Bike . I can get employee pricing on that so it would be around $150 for the frame and fork I am going to use whatever frame I buy for a first road bike that I plan to build myself for the experience. I am planning on using Campagnolo Centaur group parts...

·
What the Hell is going on
5,892 Posts
As long as the frame fits you well, I can't see anything wrong with the Fetish frame. You certainly can't do any worst than a $79.00 frame. I was thinking of purchasing one of their "track" frames. The frames are constructed adequately; for example, the welds are not a thing of beauty but are more functional.

·
Climbin' Clyde
856 Posts
I had a Fetish CX frame for a bit

Bought one off Ebay to build a townie for a friend. I have no means to check alignment, all I can say is that the welds looked a bit rough and the thing wasn't light for a modern aluminum frame. But the paint job was solid and the decals were hip (this was going to a 20 year old). The last Scattante aluminum frame I saw had better welds and was lighter. My fix would be a Scattante frame with Fetish decals on it

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
I've had their Fixation SS mtb for two years with no complaints. As others have said, welds are not a thing of beauty but I've ridden this bike hard on some nasty singletrack, jumping logs and taken some significant falls and it's held up like a champ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.