Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Fetish S.A.C. on here?

There's some company on Ebay selling that frame for like $70 or so, and the carbon forks for around $125..........

I'm thinking that and an Ultegra kit from Pricepoint, and I might have a fairly kickass bike for under $1200 or so.

The frame is pretty light according to Fetish's site, but I'm wondering what the ride is like.

If you have one, please post some pics..........I'd love to see some real world photos of one built up.

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LBK said:
FYI, I think probikekit.com has the lowest price on a groupset(Ultegra +- $600).

Yeah, but does it include wheels and all?

The Pricepoint kit I'm referring to has handlebars, stem, seatpost, wheels, etc.........everything you need to build from the ground up.

The wheelset is kind of a cheapy, but I'm only using this as a training bike.

That's a British company if I remember correct. Isn't it a pain in the ass to get stuff shipped over here? I've never made an overseas purchase before.

Tell me more if there's a better way to get a deal through them

· Registered
237 Posts
I saw one of the new Fetish frames but did not ride it.The white paint and graphics were fine but the welds were somewhat sloppy even for a cheap Taiwan frame.Leader Bike frames for example, have a superior build quality in a inexpensive frame.Everyone in the shop who saw the Fetish commented on the messy welds.The frame is probably quite servicible and strong but be prepared for weld nitpickers.

· Registered
1,449 Posts
I have a SAC.
It is what it is. A cheap frame. If you are looking to build up a cheap bike for some TT's, it's perfect. If you are looking to build a stoopid light race bike, keep looking. This frame is 3.5 lbs at least.
I got mine on Ebay for next to nothing. I do not regret buying it, and would get another one if the price was right.
But you must realize that these are econo frames. You want a race bike, buy a race bike.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
I dig mine for what it is. It is solid and stiff, with no flex, and you won't cry if you scratch it or lay it down.

Mine weighs just under 20 lbs with lightweight wheels on it. This is not a weight weenie bike by any stretch of the imagination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.