Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,740 Posts
Built one of their frames up for a woman that was on a pro team they sponsored. I have absolutely nothing good to say about them. Neither does she.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I've got a La Sal Peak, one of their mountain bikes. Accordingly, I can't comment on the Empire, but my experience with the company is good, the CEO even helped my with fitting and build. Frame quality is high and aside from their listed builds, they'll swap out pretty much any component if they can source it, at least on the mtb side of things. They're not a big company, and they used to produce copycat junk in years past, but no longer. I haven't had any issues, but on mtbr, customer service experiences have been positive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i too know the company mainly through mountain bikes and understand the company is pretty solid. i was mostly looking for someones input on this particular bike as it seems fairly new.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,740 Posts
care to elaborate more?
It was 4-5 years ago and the frame was cheap, no-engineering-involved chinese crap. Sounds like things might have changed but most small companies like this can't afford to have engineers that really know what they're doing and can actually design something that's better than what you pick out of a chinese/taiwanese factory catalog. The big factories have what amounts to a big ass catalog w/ frames, forks, brakes, stems, bars, headsets, and saddles that you can put your logo on and market any way your want. I really doubt that Fezzari (Jesus...who came up w/ that name anyway?) has any employees that do what happens at Trek, Specialized, Giant or any big bike company. The design, engineering, and testing that happens at these companies is no joke.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,566 Posts
A full Ultegra 8000 bike for $2,800? Something tells me to run far away or get good dental insurance before riding this one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Empire is different because it is a one mold carbon bike and not molded together like other bikes.

I bought a Fezzari CR3 two in a half years ago with DI2 and I can't say enough good things about it. Great frame, very comfortable, and they have great service.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,566 Posts
a friend bought a Fezzari mtb bike about 9 years ago, and he's still riding it!
And what does this prove? How many times did he ride it in 9 years? Just sayin'.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,566 Posts
looking at empire model. i see the geo chart but i am not really sure what it needs to be at to be considered race vs endurance geo.
Note the Stack and Reach measurements. An endurance bike will have a comparitively longer stack, shorter reach, while a race bike will have a comparitively shorter stack, longer reach.

But seriously, re-read CXWrench's post #2. He's seen a few things over the years.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,566 Posts
thanks again, looks like empires geo is more on a performance side rather than endurance so i ended up ordering Canyon Endurace instead.
Probably a good choice. Canyon seems to have a very good reputation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know anything about the Fezzari, but my Endurace is probably the best bang-for-the-buck bike I've ever purchased....
a friend of mine has one so i was able to test ride it and really liked it. new one with 105 components and disc brakes is just under 2k. fairly light. when comparing to similar build domane i test rode today morning, which was $2,800 and almost heavy as my mountain bike, endurace was a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
a friend of mine has one so i was able to test ride it and really liked it. new one with 105 components and disc brakes is just under 2k. fairly light. when comparing to similar build domane i test rode today morning, which was $2,800 and almost heavy as my mountain bike, endurace was a no brainer.
I trust you ordered the Hellfire Red version and not the Black? :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts