Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally a problem that I am glad to have.. which will be my "A" bike? Many pics!

Finally got the Cannondale CAD3 Saeco completely finished.... she will be a sister bike to my LOOK KG271. Only question now is which one will get more time, and which will be my backup. I haven't got to do a long ride on the 'dale yet, but up and down the street I can say "daddy like".

Will follow up once I get a good ride on the Cannondale.

edited to add.... thanks to RBR member RCNUTE for the good deal on the frames....

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
handsomerob said:
Here are some closer shots
Look is my first move. That thing is beautiful. Although the C'dale is too, I just like the color of the Look, and yeah.
Take em both for a 40 or so mile ride. Same route. Same weather/temp ideally (one will be better if the other's in the rain with 40mph winds...)
Pick whichever yo ulike more.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Einstruzende said:
Seems to be a simple decision...flats, ride the Look. Cannondale gets the hills.

Having multiple bikes is the best.
That is kinda what I was thinking. In the flats the LOOK is uber comfortable and long rides are pretty darn smooth without giving up responsiveness, but I am tipping the scales at about 190lbs right now, so out of the saddle it has a little too much flex for my taste.

A good friend and riding buddy of mine contributed the Ultegra triple crankset and derailleurs to my Cannondale build gratas, so between stiffness to a fault and three chain rings it is a natural climber. It is a good thing too, because my climbing skills are rivaled only by the floating skills of lead.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
croswell1 said:
Yeah, the "Look" gets my vote. Hook up with me later on and I'll help you get rid of that trashy C-dale without any illegal dumping issues.:D
what if I like a "trashy" ride every once in a while??? The J's was tellin' me about a midnight ride in a few weeks.... what better to accompany me in an after hours romp than the trashier of the sisters???

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,354 Posts
I Beg to Differ

Looks really sharp, Eric!

I like the Cannondale. Of course, I would keep them both but I'm a hoarder by nature. What's up with the bar tape on the Look? ;)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kpcw said:
If it was up to me, I would sell the Canon, buy a sweet Campy gruppo and pimp out the Look. I'd also put white bar tape on her. Nice bikes! I am sending Teh J's some tape already, I will include my (unused) Hutchinson Team Saeco tires, they might look kewl on your Canondale, here:

https://www.greenfishsports.com/ProductImages/hut_team_saeco.jpg
Wow.... That is a very generous offer and I would greatly appreciate your contribution. I will be looking forward to seeing how those tires will look on the 'dale. You will have to let me to cover the shipping cost. I will get with Jeff to square up with you. Thanks again.

It is becoming a RBR frankenbike.... frame from RCNUTE, drivetrain from LEMONLIME, and tires from KPCW. Anyone have some 404's they aren't using???:D

The LOOK had some white tape on it on the pic that RC used when he put it up for sale. After seeing it, I have a white tape/black hood hang up...... why is it that shimano or campy do not offer integrated levers with white hoods anymore??? With as much as they charge for rubber bits, you would figure they make them in a bunch of colors to sell on the aftermarket..... anyone want to go into business making multi-colored hoods for integrated shifters??....Hell, Bianchi would probably order 1000's of them in Celeste...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kpcw said:
This can be a devastating illness, even the modern antibiotics do not seem to work and there is fear of an epidemic. Please, wash your hands more often, avoid any bikes on the road that appear infected and get plenty of rest. ;)

I think you can get brown hoods, no?
back in the day of actual brake levers (not integrated ones) it seems there were multiple color choices. I know I have seen black, white, "gum" or tan, brown, and red in person. Did Henry Ford come back from the grave to design integrated levers??? What is up with that anyway???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.