Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it did warm up and there were only light winds (8 mph, out of the south)

I took off it was 22 and got back at 25. Three things or major interest and concern.

1.) don't go for the drops if you are riding bullhorns

2.) big ole lumpy lugged tires don't roll for sh!t

3.) riding is better than not riding regardless of 1 and 2

Came home, drank 2 beers, made dinner (paella (is that spelled right?????))

life is good

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
drank 2 more beers

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thinking about another beer

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cast iron......you betcha, I probably got that pan before you were born bud....LOL

AND.........who said they were fresh peas?...I got them out of a bag in the freezer....."freshlike"?

the shrimpies were frozen, the mussels were frozen.....the rice was dried out ....bits of smoked ham, left over from x-mas (frozen) The onion was fresh.....so I slapped it...................

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I went home the other day and pumped up the tires on some of the road bikes, all I want is to ride a fast bike. Maybe I'll change the bars on the SS commuter so that it seems like riding a different bike. Maybe I'll turn it into a scorcher and put a fixed cog on it.

You doing any cool organized or charity rides this year?

\\And that food looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 in one yeah, I'm for sure doing the MS 150 can we get a WI team together? I am considering doing it fixed. I gotta get a hold of $1.50 and Immerle and a bunch of the northern IL guys, Maybe Mel ...who knows, we need a Lounge team!!!!! Maybe even some outa staters!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH.....RBVirg. I got leftovers....we only ate 1/2 if you get here quick I'll pull it out of the freezer before it gets hard

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
note to self......need to buy saffron.............OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...........that shtuff is more expensive than pot (so I hear)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
note to self......need to buy saffron.............OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...........that shtuff is more expensive than pot (so I hear)
#1 - you are just TOO cruel.
#2 - We've got a sales guy that does business in Dubai a couple times a year. Every time he brings BAGS full of Saffron - they're like 20 bucks a peace since that's where it comes from. All of the cooks around here love him ;)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
3 in one yeah, I'm for sure doing the MS 150 can we get a WI team together? I am considering doing it fixed. I gotta get a hold of $1.50 and Immerle and a bunch of the northern IL guys, Maybe Mel ...who knows, we need a Lounge team!!!!! Maybe even some outa staters!
When is it? I'm going to be "relocating" sometime in June/July. I really want to do Bike the Barns if that happens again, 60mile ride, gourmet food stops at various barns on the way.

\\I used to put saffron in rice until I found out how much it costs.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
threesportsinone said:
When is it? I'm going to be "relocating" sometime in June/July. I really want to do Bike the Barns if that happens again, 60mile ride, gourmet food stops at various barns on the way.

\\I used to put saffron in rice until I found out how much it costs.

The WI MS 150 is Aug 1st and 2nd....I just looked it up, saffron is 120 bucks an ounce.....yikes.......

RBVirg...make you a deal, mail me a bag of saffron and I'll mail you a bag of paella?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trax....and I have 4 pounds of 40 to 60 ct sashimi grade scallops in the freezer...but I had sautee'd scallops (extra virgin olive oil, butter and garlic over linguine) last night. I had PLANNED paella last night WITH scallops but my wife had taken the pan to work and forgot to bring it home.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
The WI MS 150 is Aug 1st and 2nd....I just looked it up, saffron is 120 bucks an ounce.....yikes.......

RBVirg...make you a deal, mail me a bag of saffron and I'll mail you a bag of paella?
PM me your e-mail or something, and I'll talk to our sales guy when he gets back from Italy and make sure he adds a couple of bags to the list ;) Then we'll talk about the paella :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts