Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking a two year break from riding due to health reasons, I finally rejoined the cycling community this morning. My wife and I went on a 22 mile ride with a few members of the local cycling club. I can't even begin to tell you how great it felt to ride again. I wanted to keep riding, but a weather front moved through and it is raining now. I may set up the trainer and spin for awhile while watching the olympics.

I just had to share with people who would understand since most people I know can't imagine anyone wanting to ride even 10 miles, much less be excited about it.

Andrew

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's great man!

I also took some time off the bike a few years ago. Really the worst time of my life. Stressed out at work, put on weight, was mean to my wife. Decided that work wasn't everything and started to ride again. What a difference it's made for me. I've dropped 50 lbs over the last few years and feel like myself again. Won't ever do that again.

Keep it up!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm glad you're back on the road again. I also had some health problems, and had to take a few years off, so I know just what it feels like. I'm happy for you, and hope your good health continues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts