Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally building my first SS/Fixed road bike..

But I can't decided on a Frame.

Its either:
  • SE racing PB
  • IRO Mark V Pro
  • "Old School" Steel frame bikeisland
  • Soma Delancy Fixie Frameset
What do you think?

Its for a short city commuting, around town cruzing and pulling the kids in thier trailer.

· Registered
14,776 Posts
It's not real unless you get it from a thrift store, a garage sale or a dumpster.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JCavilia said:
It's not real unless you get it from a thrift store, a garage sale or a dumpster.
Yeah, well :rolleyes: :p.

I prefer a new shiny paint job. Well what do you thin?

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VaughnA said:
Rattle Can time...

Otherwise I go for steel..
How about this one

Galaxy made in Japanese Quality !

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave Hickey said:
I can't comment on the SE but you can't go wrong with either the IRO or Bike Island frame.. They are both very nice frames.... Personally, I like Tony at IRO so all things being equal, I'd get the IRO...
Only problem with IRO is only black.

Here is the SE Racing PB

Road Geometry

• Lugged SE Racing 4130 Double Butted Cromoly Frame
  • 1.0” Threaded Fork
  • 1.0” JIS Threaded Sealed Cartridge Headset Included
  • Irish Green Metalflake
  • 68mm English BB
  • 27.2 Seatpost
  • 120mm Rear Spacing w/ Built-in Adjusters

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave Hickey said:
I like....a lot....
The SE?

How about the Soma Delancy Fixie?

· duh...
9,749 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I can't comment on the SE but you can't go wrong with either the IRO or Bike Island frame.. They are both very nice frames.... Personally, I like Tony at IRO so all things being equal, I'd get the IRO...

the bikeisland/bd jury frames seem to suffer from a design flaw... they require a 75mm reach front brake and 80-85 rear... 70-90mm per their website. d'ohhhh! but not an issue if no brakes will be used. axle-to-crown must be on par with a cx fork

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FatTireFred said:
the bikeisland/bd jury frames seem to suffer from a design flaw... they require a 75mm reach front brake and 80-85 rear... 70-90mm per their website. d'ohhhh! but not an issue if no brakes will be used. axle-to-crown must be on par with a cx fork
I was asking about their "Old School" lugged frame which uses standard brakes. I ruled that out due to lack of decent seat posts.

· ProtoJ
85 Posts
How about a Van Dessel

I have had mine for about a month now. 500 miles set up as an SS. I absoluteley love it. I'm afraid to try it as a fixie due to all the steep hills in my part of town. Unfortunately it does not come as a frame only, but with a few inexpensive upgrades it makes for a sweet ride.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FatTireFred said:
I was talking about the new Jury.
I know, I thought you were not. I replied to your threrd in the other forum about this.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FatTireFred said:
no, I'm talking about the jury
Nevermind. I know.
What brakes will fit??

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FatTireFred said:
Well at least you get get fenders are larger tires. :p

What brakes are those?

· Registered
650 Posts
jkaber said:
I have had mine for about a month now. 500 miles set up as an SS. I absoluteley love it. I'm afraid to try it as a fixie due to all the steep hills in my part of town. Unfortunately it does not come as a frame only, but with a few inexpensive upgrades it makes for a sweet ride.
Thats a damn cool bike, although I don't know how practical it is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.