Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hurt since mid december, and now i am cleared to ride. I am still not able to turn the power on yet. I had a really bad problem with my biceps femors tendon. So the doc told me to start slow and build my way back to shape. I lost weight while hurt, was very good about my diet, and i also lifted my upper body staying around 15 reps per body part. My goal is to do my first race in may.

look over my plan and add somethings i can do, this is what i plan on doing, but its not set in stone, if it gets tender i will have to take time off.

week 1 3-4 days 1hr each day 39/21 gearing so about 15mph
Week 2 3-4 days 2 hrs a day 39/21 gearing so about 15mph
Week 3 - 3-4days 3 hours 39/21 gearing so about 15mph
week 4 - 3-4 days 2.30 hrs with 39/21 then for the middle hour doing about 18
week 5- 3-4 days 3hrs with 1.30 hrs at 18

i have thought of whats next, as i feel this is pretty aggressive. Butlet me know what you guys think. the way i see it is the first weekend in may will be my first race baring any set backs.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
IMHO It's sort of a bad idea to ask a bunch of internet-types how much riding you should or shouldn't do coming back from a "really bad problem." Listen to your doctor, though if you haven't already, a "sports medicine" doctor might know your needs more than one who is not.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do see a sports ortho

she wants me to write up my own plan for the rest of my rehab, This is what we talked about, but i was just looking advice from anyone else who has had this sort of injury.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts