Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Overequipped, underlegged
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after two years of wanting to build one and a year of sourcing parts and information, my project is finally complete!!
i took it for a spin through downtown madrid in light traffic and it was a BLAST!
specs as follow:
Frame 56cm Columbus tubed Zeus and straight-bladed chromed steel fork, nothing too special. the geometry is a little too relaxed and it feels lazy
ITM bars and Cinelli Stem
Dura-Ace seatpost.
Gippieme cranks, with the original 42 ring on the inside for chainline
Shimano square taper BB
Star hubs. I sourced these off the internet, the pair cost me 42 bucks. they are not bad at all for the price
DTswiss spokes
Mavic Open Pro rims
Some cheapo brake levers that the ex-owner of the frame gave me. Soon to be replaced by the really cool black Cane Creeks
Ultegra brakes with black koolstops up front and some cheap pads i had lying around in the rear
Ultegra chain
Selle Italia Ferrari engineered saddle i had lying around. this one's uncomfortalble as hell...
Michelin Pro Races that are too soft to skid propperly.
16 tooth cog and lockring i purchased together with the hubs.
shimano SPDs

i think that's about it!

despite all the things i'd change about it, its really really fun to ride and the ride quality of the steel paired with the relaxed geometry really does a lot towards taking teh edge off the bumps and potholes that madrid's pavement's riddled with.

so what do you guys think??

oooh and finally a big thanks to you all, this forum has been a great help and an invaluable source of information that has helped me get this project done.

cheers!

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Nice.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
that bike is too small for you. :D

·
Overequipped, underlegged
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
that bike is too small for you. :D
at the risk of appearing really dumb...
is that statement a joke i'm just not getting?
how's the bike too small?
if it is a joke, on the other hand, i'd like it explained!
:D
cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.