Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Congrats on the new bike - ya done good!! :thumbsup:

Regarding the essentials, I may have missed it, but I don't see a helmet listed so be sure to add that to the list. Also, I suggest a computer with cadence. It doesn't have to be expensive, a $30 wired Cateye Astrale 8 will do you fine.

I suggest you stay with the standard fit for now and bank the $60-$70 for a pro fit in the near future. Depending on how new you are to the sport and how fit you are going into it, your bike fit will evolve as you build saddle time, so save the pro fit for when you settle into what will become your 'normal' riding position. Chances are there will be some tweaks needed to the initial standard fit, but that's all part of the process, so no need for concern.

Happy riding, and post pics when you get your new bike!!

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
It doesn't have to be an expensive helmet. It just has to strap to your head and protect it, so you're good to go. :thumbsup:

RE: the computer. Same deal, expensive or not if it has cadence that's all that matters.

Enjoy and ride safe!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.