Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry, I pick it up next Thursday, but let me tell you the deal I got and you tell me if I did this whole buying a new bike thing right.

I'm sure everyone knows about Performance Bike. Last month they had a sale where the Fuji Roubaix ACR 2.0 was 1,299. They had the 58 cm I need, but the salesman told me to wait until this months sale. Sure glad I did.

The bike online is 1,669.99 this month, so I went into the Richmond store to ask why he made me wait and miss the deal (and to get fit for the Fuji Roubaix 1.0). And what did I find, the ACR 2 on sale for 1,199. They didn't have the 58 anymore, so I asked if they could change the price if I ordered it online. They can.... but thats not the end of it...

I asked if I received discounts on accessories and stuff after I bought the bike, they told me they didn't but they did tell me about the 20% back (of the total) deal if I join the Performance Club. So I did, and now have $356 "free" dollars to spend... AND they are going to give me credit on my credit card for the $500 difference in prices. $1,669 - $470 off + $356 onto my Performance Card = a $843 bike!

Im getting a new computer, shorts or bibs (haven't decieded yet), jersey, bottle cages, bottles, CO2 inflator, saddle-bag, and spare tubes with the $356 and I still have about 50-60 more to spend after that! Are there any other essentials that I need? Should I go the shorts or bibs route?

I was not able to test ride the ACR 2 but they did have an ACR 3 (same geometry) and it felt great. Hope the 2.0 is the same feel.

What do you think? I'll post pictures of it next week.

EDIT: They are offering a two year service plan for $40 i think which includes two free complete drivetrain strips, clean, and re-greasings, after my two free, they are 50% off, and something else too, just can't remember.They also told me they would do a proper fitting when the bike comes in, and a professional fitting would cost 60 or 70 bucks. Professional fit worth it? I don't know what all they do for the pro fit. What should they include? The regular one is stem height, saddle height, and something else.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PJ352 said:
Congrats on the new bike - ya done good!! :thumbsup:

Regarding the essentials, I may have missed it, but I don't see a helmet listed so be sure to add that to the list.

I never ride without one. :thumbsup: It's not an expensive one, but I don't think they would sell it if it weren't safe.

PJ352 said:
Also, I suggest a computer with cadence. It doesn't have to be expensive, a $30 wired Cateye Astrale 8 will do you fine.
I was actually looking at the Cateye Strada Double Wireless... I know it may be overkill to do away with the wires, but with the wires running all jerry-rigged and all on my old bike, I cannot bring myself to have wires on my new bike. :rolleyes: and it's on sale right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.