Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday, my girlfriend and I met up with Zeytin for a nice easy ride while we had some unbelievably warm weather. It was an easy, slow paced, fun ride which started at Druid Hill Park and took us here and there to little interesting spots for some exploring. There were rocks, waterfalls, lots of laughing, puppies, food, extra mayonaise, and we managed to get in some riding as well. I like little fun rides like this.

We did a few laps around Druid Hill Lake. Then checked out a little river section next to Falls Road, headed over to Wyman Park, grabbed sandwhiches at Eddies in Charles Village and ate lunch at the outside Sculpture Garden of the Baltimore Museum of Art.

My girlfriend is really enjoying her new bike now. We just need to get a shorter stem for her and she'll be all set. Below are a bunch of random pictures from the ride. I took my cross bike with road tires, and Zeytin rode her home-made singlespeed!

Arby.

Down the steps to this cool little spot near the river:

On the left is Zeytin, on the right; my girl:

I'm trying to put my foot down about helmets... I got stuck wearing my "bowling ball helmet"... so there's your Arby bowling pose:

I wandered around:

Up, up, up.... nice little falls section of dirty dirty DIRTY Baltimore water:

There was bush-whacking... and someone fell on her arse on the way down!:

I dunno... it's just funny looking!:

Again... funny I say!:

... tiny tiny puppy:

... It's good to be a puppy I suppose:

Through the park to get some sammiches:

... I dunno...

Arby being all .... safe and stuff...

Arby was on bike watch while other riders put in his order for a turkey club with extra mayo:

Eddie's:

At the Sculpture garden... my cross bike....

Be safe!

·
Registered
485 Posts
You might have had to wear the "bowling ball", but your gal looks like world champion Clara Sanchez with that Catlike! I saw the track World Cup this weekend here in Carson, CA. Freekin' amazing to see.

Take care,

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Great pictures, Arby. Looks like a fun ride.

And TY, I was supposed to go to the HD center on Friday and catch the morning sessions, but some junk came up here and I couldn't make it. I will be there this Saturday morning though for the swap meet and amature racing. Should be fun. I've never seen a track race before.

joe

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Great shots, Arby. I had a great time, thanks to you both for letting me tag along! It's funny no one noticed my hunchback shot, I had shoved my jacket up the back of my shirt before we left to get the sandwiches.
That was a great idea T had to stop into the sculpture garden, wonderful place.
That dog was hilarious especially when it got bogged down in 3 inches of leaves! :D
I hope to ride with you again.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Arby said:
I was thinking about teasing you about your "helmet hair" in this photo.

Then I realised I wouldn't mind having enough on my head to get messed up by a helmet. :(

MB1-looking more and more like MarkS every day.... ;)

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
nothing to lose but your comb

MB1 said:
MB1-looking more and more like MarkS every day.... ;)

At the risk of having this post booted over to PO, I will paraphrase Karl Marx: "You have nothing to lose but your comb."

BTW: As always, I like to see Baltimore pics. My preferred commuting route goes near the places in the photos. But, the road that I usually took though the area has been closed for about a year for sewer main construction. I really miss riding through there. Last I heard, the sewer construction will be over in 2007 or 2008.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very Nice Arby!

I really liked the bolwing ball shot. Funny and cool with the waterfall in the background. You are not alone in your struggle, I am trying also to get my lady to wear her helmet each ride.

One question Arby: How do you post your pictures with the comments between each one? When I have tried to do that I couldn't get it to work, so I just kept posting reply's with the next pictures.Is it a blog or web hosting thing that you just attach. What's the secret?
MN Dan

PS. To what MB1 said in his first reply: AMEN Brother!!!

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
MN Dan said:
One question Arby: How do you post your pictures with the comments between each one? When I have tried to do that I couldn't get it to work, so I just kept posting reply's with the next pictures.Is it a blog or web hosting thing that you just attach. What's the secret?
MN Dan
I've been wondering that as well. What is the secret?

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Usually the pics are hosted elsewhere, although with some forums you can upload them and use that address. Then you just add your tags:

{IMG}http://yourpictureslinkhere{/IMG}

Just remember to use the correct bracket symbol ---> [ ] instead of this one { } (which I had to use or it wouldn't have showed up otherwise).

Chris

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
You can actually see the link if you click on the "Reply with Quote" icon.

MN Dan said:
I really liked the bolwing ball shot. Funny and cool with the waterfall in the background. You are not alone in your struggle, I am trying also to get my lady to wear her helmet each ride.

MN Dan

PS. To what MB1 said in his first reply: AMEN Brother!!!
nmnmndm

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Nice photos Arby, as usual. I hadn't seen you around recently, maybe because we haven't been frequenting the same forums. Anyway, nice to see you haven't disappeared. BTW Zeytin, nice ss!
Cheers, Wayne

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Great pics

Funny, I would have thought that was Zeytin on the right seeing her avatar with the rolled up pants leg. Also, like the others I think this is a pretty cool shot. Sort of statuesque (spelled wrong) with a look of changing life (the waterfall) behind you.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Nice pics

How is your main squeeze (girlfriend, not bike) enjoying her new bike?
One other thing: were those sammiches wit cheese?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts