Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I made an appointment to get my eyes checked and get new contacts, This time, it's with Dr. Jenny! I got a new eye doctor!

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Awesome. I hope you're not trying soft multifocal lenses.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BuckeyeBiker said:
Awesome. I hope you're not trying soft multifocal lenses.
been there done that they did not work for me, I wear a toric and readers if i need to see close.

Hokie...I been wearing glasses since way before you were born....

10ae.....you know, we have been getting a family discount at the Optical place we have used for 25 years now. Good friends, great people and probably the biggest influence affecting Jenny's decision to become an Optometrist.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
been there done that they did not work for me, I wear a toric and readers if i need to see close.

Hokie...I been wearing glasses since way before you were born....

10ae.....you know, we have been getting a family discount at the Optical place we have used for 25 years now. Good friends, great people and probably the biggest influence affecting Jenny's decision to become an Optometrist.
I've heard that so many times now that I'm really starting to dislike that modality. So far in my contact lens clinic rotation I've had excellent success with RGP multifocals, but the soft multifocals are still a work in progress.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
funny, I put the multifocals on and my initial reaction was OMG I can see near...OMG I can see far......OMG...

40 minutes later, I couldn't see near OR far, apparently my brain figured out what was going on and refused to follow the directions my eyes were giving it. The left and the right were different....not sure but I am recalling that the "ring" on the outside was near on one eye and far on the other and the opposite on the other?...

Jenny gave me new contacts today and what a difference.....they are SO much more comfortable. They are REALLY better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts