Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like any other cyclist, I have had too many brushes with idiot drivers who come to close because they think they are passing you safely, or worst the jerks that do it intentionally while blasting their horn or throwing stuff at you. Usually, it happens too quickly to get the license information. The other day, I was riding along MO174 out to Mount Vernon, MO. I was just finishing up the long climb out of Chesapeke, MO when all of a sudden I hear this truck coming up on me fast with three get the *%(# out of my way blast on the air horn. I immediatly began to tense a little knowing the situation. This guy left me with no room at all, as I went off the road onto the gravel nearly crashing. Interestingly enough, it wasn't a semi, but a water will drill rig with its tool truck and pick up following right behind. My father just happens to be a retired water well driller, so we were able to identify the rig as belonging to one of his old competitors and friend, Lefty Evans out of Crane, MO. I was able to identify the rig and the MO Highway Patrol were able to issue a citation for his actions. Finally, after all the close call incidents I wouldn't say I won, but I do feel a little better.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Good for you! :thumbsup: I've often fantasized about going after a##holes like this, but rarely succeed in getting them.:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.