Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
What the what???
12,772 Posts
Nice!

Since I enjoy living vicariously, do me a favor and ride the crap out of that... :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Elium SLX

I always wanted a Seven and thought my 50 year b-day would justify spending the money. After building up the stock 56 cm frame in 2009 with Sram Red and Ksyrium SL wheels, the complete bike with pedals and bottle cages wieghed 16.9 pounds. I thought it was the best bike that I have ever ridden. However, in 2010 I tried an S-Works Tarmac and really liked the livelier feel. Even though my drive-train rigidity and weight to performance is 9 of 10, it doesn't compare to the oversized carbon BB of the Tarmac. Since then, the Elium has become my back-up bike and has less than 3000 miles on it. I like the traditional looks of the Seven, but prefer the ride of the tarmac. If anyone is interested in a 56 cm PM me for the build specs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi , I'm starting my first custom made bike and need some input . I'm undecided between the Seven/Parlee or Serrota . Any opinions on all three would be appreciated , I can't get all three .

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
IMHO, I think those are all fine bikes. Serotta has a long history of building race bikes, but I don't like the aesthetics. I especially don't like the bent seat stays.

I think Parlee is right up there on my list for carbon fiber bikes. I think they have a really good design philosophy.

And of course Seven does carbon, steel, titanium and a mix of carbon and titanium. The new 622 reminds be of a Parlee... but with those sexy titanium lugs. The Diamas SL on the CF side or more durable Axiom SL. You can't go wrong. I think Seven offers more options to choose from if you have the budget.

·
Registered
118 Posts
IMHO, I think those are all fine bikes. Serotta has a long history of building race bikes, but I don't like the aesthetics. I especially don't like the bent seat stays.
I thought I was the only one who disliked this. The same way I dislike some Lightspeed models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you , I was actually doing research on the 622 . My hesitation is that although I want a comfortable ride for longer rides , I still want to have a fast racy bike that is fitted to me . Aesthetically I really like the seven 622 , and also have had a couple of peeks of the new Z zero .

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow!!
Thanks for the assurance people. I am so glad that I am in a light mood after seeing all the sincere opinions. Can't wait to hold the true beauty (hope SC don't give lame excuse last minute for delay)

Will post my bike, once all the parts delivered and setup.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts